Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    These are all stunning in their own very individual ways! Thanks for sharing. I'm just miffed I couldn't join in the fun - still can't find one!
    Heather

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Lou, yours is fantastic, very professional.

Dedicated Scrapper stinky-pearl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Here's mine:

Further images are on my blog.
    Loup,

Thats super ace! I love the snowman theme. Did you feel relief once you had completed it? I did but then I started another one. Pppphhhewwww.

I love everybodys calendars. I would buy them all given the chance.
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]LadyBugs Picnic[/FONT]

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bevb View Post
    You cant say that & then just leave us in suspense!!!!!!!!
    Bev, its nothing really. Im going to alter my third one for next christmas and auction it off in Tesco's (Of all places) All the money will go to a breast cancer charity, a charity very close to my heart.

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky-pearl View Post
    Bev, its nothing really. Im going to alter my third one for next christmas and auction it off in Tesco's (Of all places) All the money will go to a breast cancer charity, a charity very close to my heart.
    What a brilliant idea!!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Gosh I think they are all so beautiful and so different
    Love them

Dedicated Scrapper ScottishThistle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Here's mine:

Further images are on my blog.
    Oh! This is lovely!! It's amazing how all the finished houses look so different!
    As soon as I switch my computer on I go straight to this thread - just love it!! More houses PLEASE!!!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper InspireSpirit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by stinky-pearl View Post
    What a fabulous idea Linda. My sister died from breast cancer last year. I would love to do something like that.

You are an inspiration, and I would like to thank you for starting this thread with your lovely work, and for everyone else who continued to put their work on this thread for the rest of us to see and be inspired by.

My blog: http://inspireserendipity.blogspot.com/

Lucky Dip CJ
    Strictly Vintage CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by InspireSpirit View Post
    What a fabulous idea Linda. My sister died from breast cancer last year. I would love to do something like that.

You are an inspiration, and I would like to thank you for starting this thread with your lovely work, and for everyone else who continued to put their work on this thread for the rest of us to see and be inspired by.

Maybe everyone could join in next year and alter their advent for their own preffered charity? Just a thought - we have a year to think about it

It would certainly give UKS and Tesco's a lot of recognition - although Tesco's has had quite a bit so far!

Thank you Inspire spirit and thank you everyone for sharing. I wonder if there are any more houses to be posted?

Dedicated Scrapper InspireSpirit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    mmmmmmmm. got me thinking now. I wonder if Tesco's would 'donate' some houses for us all to alter and auction off in their stores for charity? I don't know if Tescos have a 'preferred' charity. I know Asda do, cos when my ex hubby and I used to do promotions in Asda we would donate a percentage of our sales to Asda's 'preferred' charity, and in return they gave us promotional space for free. Worth thinking about. Anyone work in Tescos who could find out for us?

My blog: http://inspireserendipity.blogspot.com/

Lucky Dip CJ
    Strictly Vintage CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by InspireSpirit View Post
    mmmmmmmm. got me thinking now. I wonder if Tesco's would 'donate' some houses for us all to alter and auction off in their stores for charity? I don't know if Tescos have a 'preferred' charity. I know Asda do, cos when my ex hubby and I used to do promotions in Asda we would donate a percentage of our sales to Asda's 'preferred' charity, and in return they gave us promotional space for free. Worth thinking about. Anyone work in Tescos who could find out for us?

My mother does......MUMMMMMMM??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Such lovey houses here ladies...I am loving that they are all so different in their own way. Mine is nearly finished ... having no kiddies in the house the deadline of the first was not an issue for me so hope to get it all done and in place by the weekend....will take pics...it has been great fun to do my key tips would be ....

1) don't get paint inside as the drawers stick if there are any blobs of paint.
    2) rub a candle around the edges of the drawers to help them to go back in the holes smoothly
    3) don't cut the semi circles until the paper is stuck down as my drawers were not uniform is size
    4) put the glue on the drawer front then stick the paper much easier to get an even cover without sticky table and fingers
    5) remember stazon is named that for a reason....the ink stays on....I dropped the red inkpad on the back of my house so had to sand and repaint it LOL

All in all it is great fun
    Team Points

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elliebaby View Post
    Such lovey houses here ladies...I am loving that they are all so different in their own way. Mine is nearly finished ... having no kiddies in the house the deadline of the first was not an issue for me so hope to get it all done and in place by the weekend....will take pics...it has been great fun to do my key tips would be ....

1) don't get paint inside as the drawers stick if there are any blobs of paint.
    2) rub a candle around the edges of the drawers to help them to go back in the holes smoothly
    3) don't cut the semi circles until the paper is stuck down as my drawers were not uniform is size
    4) put the glue on the drawer front then stick the paper much easier to get an even cover without sticky table and fingers
    5) remember stazon is named that for a reason....the ink stays on....I dropped the red inkpad on the back of my house so had to sand and repaint it LOL

All in all it is great fun

That gives me something to think about for next yeasr calendar Ellie. I'll do things different next time around. I think I made things difficut for myself certain ways I did mine. Totally agree with #1.

Im dying to see your finished house.

View Gallery

I have loved looking at all the houses - there are lots of very tallented people out there. I have to say though I have viewed with a huge amount of envy as I have been unable to track one of the houses to alter myself

And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks for all your nice comments. When I was shopping for the last of the embellishments yesterday I had it out on the floor in front of me and a lady asked me where I'd bought it from as she was looking for something similar. She was really shocked when I told her what I'd done and thought it was a fab idea. It made my day at least.
    Lou