Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I spent the day today with the lovely Luna. we altered our advents and I must say I think we did a blooming good job
    LadyBird LadyBird
    My Blog & Wight Craft Circle Blog[/FONT]

Fat bottomed girls - We make the rockin' world go round :D whoopidoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Oh they are both brilliant. Love the reindeers. My eldest has just insisted they can't possibly be the same houses as the undecorated ones I have Love them.
    Carmen x

Instagram

Christmas Stocking Swap

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by whoopidoo View Post
    Oh they are both brilliant. Love the reindeers. My eldest has just insisted they can't possibly be the same houses as the undecorated ones I have Love them.
    It's amazing what a lick of paint, some PVA and a few squares of PP can do I hope your planning to do a spooky one Carmen?
    LadyBird LadyBird
    My Blog & Wight Craft Circle Blog[/FONT]

Fat bottomed girls - We make the rockin' world go round :D whoopidoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I'm definitely getting to the point where I need a spooky one for me. The girls want a gorgeous Christmassy one like yours but I think I absolutely must do an Alice Santa on the roof of one I'll have to hope they still have one left in my local Tesco
    Carmen x

Instagram

Christmas Stocking Swap

Dedicated Scrapper stinky-pearl's Avatar
    View Gallery

I love them!! Both of them are very classy indeed. Mine was more child like but these are just superb! Love them, love them, love them!
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]LadyBugs Picnic[/FONT]

Help - stop the world I wanna get off!!!! bevb's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    DS is now grumpy as I told him I wont decorate his until after christmas & there was me thinking he was only interested in the chocolate

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

these are all fantastic-good work done by all.i dont usually go into tescos but i will try and have a look-ive no time really to do it for this year but probably for next year all just for me LOL

janey xxx

LIFE IS FOR LIVING -IVE LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    WEST OF SCOTLAND ADVENT HOUSES

Just to let you know: Port Glasgow has a few houses and trains available.

I dilly dallied over them trying to decide how many to buy. In the end I bought three

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by natnieb View Post
    WEST OF SCOTLAND ADVENT HOUSES

Just to let you know: Port Glasgow has a few houses and trains available.

I dilly dallied over them trying to decide how many to buy. In the end I bought three
    Best way to do it. I've bought a third now! Linda

View Gallery

Hi Ladies,

Just found this thread. This is mine from last year. I have had lots of people e-mail me to ask how I it so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

I gessoed the whole box. Mine was a glossy cardboard with garish colours but apparently this year they are made from wood, so won't need gessoing just painting with acrylic. The glossy cardboard was diffficult to work with so I would suggest investing in some gesso or arisits medium as it's called in some art shops.

I used a small circle punch for the roof tiles and used GLITTER CARD..you will need a couple of sheets of this as it uses quite alot.

I collected tiny objects through out the year particularly during the January sales!! Although this year there seem to be more around especially some lovely metal Santas and Trees. T am not a cardmaker so wouldn't normally have small things like this.

The snow dripping off the chimney is from Woodware and you heat it with the heat gun like puff paint. In fact I use normal puf paint now from Boyes it's near the cold wash dies and comes in all sorts of disgusting colours but I onlu buy the white!!.

My SIL added small icicles from a christmas trimming to the edge of her chimney. As they were so popular and people wanted to know about them she set up a website with them on.

It can be found here: http://handmadeadventcalendars.blogspot.com

This year I have a TREE and a Sleigh....the sleigh is very daunting!! The tree is finished but I can't share it until the end of the month. I am part of a discussion group about the tree HERE:http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=278872. There are some links on that thread to places where to buy them from.

Hope this helps you. Everyones work is looking fantastic. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did.

Love Ruth xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    WOW. these are all fabulous. I wish I'd known about them before I bought mine!
    I love the ones in Lakeland- that cost a fortune- and last year I miised out on buying the one to alter (was it Kaisercraft? I forget). This year I bought one when I saw it in the summer holidays. But when I saw the Tesco's house one in their gift book I couldn't believe the cost!
    I've almost finished mine & it's got doors rather than drawers. I do love what you've all done.
    Jo

View Gallery

ha ha

Ruth,

Yours is truly a work of art!! So elegant and classy.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    Wow these are all fab works of art. I have just started mine today. Must say ... gosh is that Gesso smelly or what? I am beginning to think it was a bad idea to do it today when I have a chest infection but have shut the door on it and hope it will be dry soon. I am thinking of using up some of my blonde moments papers but still in planning stages...will keep me busy for a few days.
    Team Points

Dedicated Scrapper InspireSpirit's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Wow Ruth. that is fantastic. Can't wait to see your tree and sleigh.

My blog: http://inspireserendipity.blogspot.com/

Lucky Dip CJ
    Strictly Vintage CJ

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is my first attempt at an advent and I went for the icy look. It's also my first bash at an off the page project and I'm really surprised at how much I enjoyed it, although possibly not as much as the sweeties I aim to stuff it with. If there are some advents left in the sales I think I'll be stocking up so I can make them as gifts for the family.
    Attached Images Attached Images