Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question - New Computer

I know it has probably been said umpteen times before but if I get a new computer, can I re-install the Robo software on it? Or do I have to phone up Graphtec for a new code etc.

Please help?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Which robo master do you want/. and do you now have windows 7

If so you need to have the 64 bit driver for robo master which you can download from my blogg and install that's saying you have the 64 bit pc
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Tina.
    I have the second model was it the 200. I am just getting prepared for a changeover at the moment.
    Computer is not very well and I think the answer is to buy a new one. The original is 8 years old at least.

View Gallery

I've just to change over everything to a new computer, I thought my old one had died but when the new one arrived I tried the new screen on the old tower and it worked. The old monitor came on for two seconds then went black, I thought it was the PC itself. Anyway, now have Windows 7, 64 bit. Slowly getting used to it. Had a panic this afternoon, couldn't find the new DM II disc! It's all installed now, hope it works!!

Good luck with yours purple.

Myra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewillie View Post
    I know it has probably been said umpteen times before but if I get a new computer, can I re-install the Robo software on it? Or do I have to phone up Graphtec for a new code etc.

Please help?
    Yes you can install Robo Master on it no problem, just get the new drivers like Tina's said if it's 64 bit/Windows 7. If you have Design Master then you will have to contact Graphtec as that can only be registered on one computer.

It must be catching, this sick computer business, as mine has been on and off poorly for a few weeks too... again it may be old age - I've had my current one just over 7 and a half years and it's worked its little socks off for me over that time. I'm planning a for new one too soon but I'm being a real smart a**e and hoping to build it myself.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Oooh, you clever thing Rosemary, that's something I've always wanted to have a dabble at. You need lots of space I believe for all the bits and pieces. What an achievement though, I'm green with envy.

Myra

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ooh I'd love to be able to build my own. Good on you!

Dedicated Scrapper jacs crafting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Anyone who would want to have a go at a build yourself don't be put off as its not that hard to do . I used to build them in a factory and my husband has built quite a few in his spare time. So if its something you really want.......... go for it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    When I built my current one I found the hardest part was making sure that I got all the correct compatible components, but you can also get kits ("bundles") if you want to save yourself that kind of the hassle. The putting together isn't all that hard - all the bits tend to have guides and manuals which makes it fairly idiot proof, and there's plenty of information on the web to look at. And it's a great feeling when you've built it and it really works!! I built mine (with a bit of moral support from husband) in an afternoon, working on the kitchen table.

If you've got space, keep you old PCs when you've got your new ones and then take them apart and have fiddle inside and see how everything fits. You won 't have to worry about breaking anything that way!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."