Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by cherry390 View Post
    hope someone can help. i have a problem with scal 2, when i click on cut it doesn't start at the begining, cuts for about 2 seconds then stops, cricut switches off then on again and unloads paper. but looking at the screen the cutting is still in progress, i clicked on cancel and it comes up as programme not responding!
    i've used scal for about a month and not come up with any problems till now. cricut will cut from carts no problem so i'm assuming this is something to do with scal
    Have you updated SCAL in that time? If not, go to their website and download and install the latest version, perhaps that might sort it?
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    thanks dan, i didn't think i would need to update it already but i'll give it a try.

thanks lynne, i did try that several times with no joy.
    Cheryl

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I have a couple of questions if anyone can help please
    Can a Cricut be used solely with Inkscape if not which software if any comes with the Cricut.
    If it does come with software can that be used in conjunction with Inkscape or would I need to buy Scal

Billy's Angels Team Leader and Happy to be Scrapping Scrapcomber's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    The Cricut is a stand alone MACHINE AND CAN BE Used WITH JUST CARTRIDGES. to GET MORE FORM YOUR MACHINE YOU CAN USE pROVOCRAFTS OWN dESIGN sTUDIO OR gYPSY (sorry jumped into capitals), or you can opt to use other systems linking it with your computer I chose SCAL, there is also one called Make the Cut. I can't answer about Inkscape because I don't use it.
    Lynne

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Ok, thanks for replying Lynne

View Gallery

I am trying to cut out an enevelope using Plantin SchoolBook it only cuts at 6 inch on fit to page, my card is 7" high. The width is fine for the card I have but I need to make the envelope longer, which i know will fit on a 12x12 inch paper. Is there an envelope template in SCAL I can use instead, or can I scan the 6" template into SCAL and then adjust to fit please?
    Lynne

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapcomber View Post
    I am trying to cut out an enevelope using Plantin SchoolBook it only cuts at 6 inch on fit to page, my card is 7" high. The width is fine for the card I have but I need to make the envelope longer, which i know will fit on a 12x12 inch paper. Is there an envelope template in SCAL I can use instead, or can I scan the 6" template into SCAL and then adjust to fit please?
    You won't get a 6 x 7" size envelope from a 12 x 12 sheet Lynne. To get the 7" height you would need the 7 +" allowance for the back of the envelope as well, the bottom you fold up to meet the top bit that you fold down to seal it IYKWIM otherwise it won't meet.
    I've just tried adjusting different size envelopes on the DS from the Cards cart and none of them work. Have you got a 12 x 24 mat with some larger size paper, then it will work as you can adjust it in SCAL if you don't have DS.
    Which ever shaped envelope you use you'll still need double the size of the width or the length to cover the back.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Thanks Gwyneth, I haven't got paper larger than 12x12 yet, although I have bought a 12x24 mat in anticipation, just need to get to Hobbycraft, pity it's not closer
    Lynne

View Gallery

Have you not got an Art shop anywhere near you Lynne. That's where I get mine A3 size, comes in different colours too which is nice if you want something different.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Where are you in Berks Lynne? I'm reading, and will be in hobbycraft tomorrow (sadly working). A3 is back left hand side in the art section, or loose papers (left hand side along the wall), or some kids pads, right hand side.

View Gallery

Oh, meant to say, a sponsor on here has DS for £15 plus p&p. I've gone for it at that price, but can't remember who now - look under a word from our sponsors.

View Gallery

View Gallery

Wow Sharon what a bargain, you won't regret it it gives your carts a bit extra. Wouldn't be without mine. It's really handy to design your cards too, you don't have to guess that the cut image will be too small/big for the size you choose IYKWIM. I also find it handy to see how they've measured the image whether it's width wise/length ways etc as they seem to differ on some of the various images.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

My main problem is the pc is no where near my cricut. And there is no where to put the cricut near the pc either - not permenantly anyway. Still, I figured for that price I may as well take my cricut use a step further...

It's gone back up now to £51

Jan