Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Cards, Toppers & ATCs

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

5 sided Carousel Card

Seeing MaryAnne’s brilliantly original idea for a Carousel card here, made me want to have a go at making one of them myself. I found it surprisingly easy to assemble following the very clear instructions on MA’s blog here and I think the possibilities for decoration are almost limitless. MaryAnne has kindly given her permission for me to share the template that I made, and I have included SVG, GSD and Studio versions in the zipped folder attached.

I made some slight changes to the original design by altering the dimensions of the triangular boxes so that only 5 are needed instead of 6. This means that the outer wrapper need only be A4 in length and the finished card 5 inches high. I have also added a scalloped edge to the oval openings and embellishments.

To complete the card you will need to cut the template 5 times. Assemble each triangular box by first gluing the flaps on the top and bottom to the inside and then gluing the side flap to the outside (so that the flaps will not be visible when the card is opened).

My Robo can’t cut a full A4 sheet, so I cut the outer wrapper by hand (A4 in length and 5 inches high), but I have included it in the template for anyone lucky enough to own a Cameo or larger cutter.

The first box should be attached to the outer wrapper starting flush with one end of it. Score a fold line next to each box after you’ve attached it and bend the card up to make the fold before adding the next box. I attached a length of ribbon at the back of the card to tie it closed and held it in place at the front with two scalloped embellishments on sticky foam pads.

I do hope you’ll want to give one of these a go, as they are great fun to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files