Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: card sizes

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)

card sizes

Hope this is the right place to ask? Could you tell me where I would find card sizes please. In " if poss.
    Thank you Daphne

snap2014
    Mar. Cards 10=50=50

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Do you mean sheets of card or actual card blanks?

Blank card will usually be A4 or A5 for cardmaking and 12x12" (and sometimes 6x6" or 8x8") for scrapping. Art shops will sell up to A2 I think.

You can more or less make cards any size you want, but some common sizes would be A5 (which is A4 size sheet folded), A6 (1/2 A4 folded), DL which is 2/3 A4 folded, and 4" and 6" square.

Google for something like paper size which will give you actual measurements for A4 and A5.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

thank you I did google it first. What I realy wanted to know is what size in " is a A2 card folded.Have seen some with a sponser and had not come across A2 before. Looks like they are about 4/1/2 by 5 but maybe wrong. These were with Ev.
    Thank you for your help

snap2014
    Mar. Cards 10=50=50

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacemaker View Post
    thank you I did google it first. What I realy wanted to know is what size in " is a A2 card folded.Have seen some with a sponser and had not come across A2 before. Looks like they are about 4/1/2 by 5 but maybe wrong. These were with Ev.
    Thank you for your help
    You'll find that it's a US size of a card the A2 folded...a popular size for cards over there. It annoyes me that the cuttlebug folders are made in an A2 size ( US card size )so they're smaller to use on our standard A6 cards. You're right they are about 4½ x 5.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Thank you that is what I thought.Did not know about the bug folders. Could use them as got bug and some floders
    Thank you Daphne

snap2014
    Mar. Cards 10=50=50

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It's confusing - our (European) A2 is 16.5" × 23.4"!

Provo Craft are also doing larger size (5x7") folders now too. Look as well for other (UK) brands, as there are some in 5" square sizes, I just got me a swiss dots one.

My usual source for paper sizing is here which I was too tired to look out last night and it's a good resource for showing the comparative sizes in a range. But I think this envelope size link is probably better for giving an idea of greetings card as opposed to sheet card sizes.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by dozyrosy View Post
    It's confusing - our (European) A2 is 16.5" × 23.4"!

Provo Craft are also doing larger size (5x7") folders now too. Look as well for other (UK) brands, as there are some in 5" square sizes, I just got me a swiss dots one.

My usual source for paper sizing is here which I was too tired to look out last night and it's a good resource for showing the comparative sizes in a range. But I think this envelope size link is probably better for giving an idea of greetings card as opposed to sheet card sizes.

Rosemary
    It is very confusing Rosemary but if you look at US card making blogs etc they cut their cards from 8½ x 11 sheet of cardstock which is a different size to our equivalant which is the A4 sheet of cardstock. It's even worse when you scrap in A4 rather than 12 x 12 as it's not an A4 size IYKWIM although we call it A4
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Thank you all very much for your help

snap2014
    Mar. Cards 10=50=50