Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Whole class Teacher card ideas?

Hi there,

I'm looking to make a big card for a class Teacher to feature thank you messages from each child in a class of 30. They all have a 6" x 4" piece of card to write on, and hopefully will provide a photograph too. It will therefore need to be quite a large card! Does anyone have any ideas for decorating the front? Has anyone else made anything like this?
    Many thanks!
    Tracy.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    Have you thought about making the pieces into a flower. I made one for mum when she wanted to thasnk her class when he retired.
    Beth
    SWAPS - Easter Basket, Rock God
    Glitter Bugs
    crafty blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (44)
    Not a card but I made a mini book for DD1's teacher.

I gave each child a piece of card to draw or write on and asked the parents for a photo. Amazing how many parents didn't have recent photos

I put it together and added some patterned paper and embellies. It was 95% the childrens work and the teacher loved it and was very emotional.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (73)
    The class I help in made a "thankyou" card for those who had funded the new school sweatshirts when we meregd into a primary school last year.

Each child decorated a picture of themselves ( the outline had been painted by one class member - simply a blank face, and head and shoulders in the school colours) - they had to add in hair, eyes, mouth etc and write their message, then we stuck them all onto a huge sheet of paper, which we had initially folded into 4 so it was like a card that opened into a huge poster iykwim.

The front stated something like " a huge thank you from..." then when opened up the poster had the class name in the centre with all the childrens images/message stuck around.

I thought it was great, and a bit different to the traditional card!
    Kathy

My blog- - updated 23 March 2016

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    It's too late for this, but I'm going to tell you anyway, lol. When my son was in Y6 and I worked in the class, I made an exploding box card for the teacher. Used both sides of each piece and I think there were three layers, so enough room for little pics of the children, which I took myself. (The parents had all known me for four years and I just told the kids to tell their parents I'd taken the pics. No-one objected; at our school people just take photos of whole school events willy-nilly and thank God no-one has ever objected, altho I'm sure it's not far away.)

Anyway. I got all the kids to write something nice about their teacher (can't stand the woman myself, still working with her, she's retiring soon, hoorah) and typed it out at an appropriate size, then stuck it to the card with the aforementioned little pic of each child. Didn't need much embellishment as this took up most of the space.

I also did an accordion book for the other Y6 class teacher.

When you do decorate it, I personally don't think it's necessary to make it school-themed. The teachers do have lives outside school, after all, lol. Butterflies always look nice, I feel!