Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    That's something I've just learnt about saving to an sd card then. If you don't ask questions June how will you learn?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    That's something I've just learnt about saving to an sd card then. If you don't ask questions June how will you learn?
    Thanks Doreen I have always been like that, I find I learn better if I know why I am doing something, sort of then makes sense and sticks
    Just been playing with the tracing of the outline for print and cut, not quite there yet though
    June

I'm not unorganised, I just need a bigger craft room! Faeriequeen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Me too! Doreen I've some files on my SD card and just assumed that were GSD files Must admit I never use the SD card now.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JuneC View Post
    Just had a look and the file format for the SD card is GSP, so thats another format
    Oh well maybe I will have my curiosity satisfied one day, its no big deal I just like to know these things, used to drive my mother mad as a kid with the questions.

Ooh this is interesting. Thanks

Presumably this is the format that cutters will understand.

I wonder whether this file format will be utilised with saves from both RM and Studio?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

.gst is the file format of the templates files that are downloaded from the Silhouette on-line store. You can just rename a .gst to .gsd and it works just fine.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    There is no option to save as .GST only .Studio and of course, the hit the save icon by mistake and overwrite your GSD never to be opened again in RM 5.1 which would imply that saving in GSD format is possible, whether or not the powers that be choose to let us have that option or simply fix the code/programming from saving as GSD remains to be seen.
    O darn I see what you mean now! so thats not an option also. Getting tired of this software.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The transparancy problem has been solved in this update. No disapearing fill anymore after touching the transparancy, and never to get it back again as a solid color. Thats nice.

View Gallery

Hi All

Just been notified that the Trace Option is now available in the latest Silhouette Studio update available here

Just did a quick Trace outline from a Jpeg and it was pretty quick. The Auto Trace button is highlighted by the Green sq in the top right hand corner(didn't realise image would be so small, so its the fifth icon from your right hand side) and below is the panel that appears once the button is selected, then you click the Select Trace Area button and draw a box round your shape using your mouse pointer. Then you decide what kind of trace you want I choose for this example the Trace button and below is the result. I will upload to my gallery so that you can have a closer look, sorry the picture in the gallery does not give you the option to have a closer look, like it does for the other silhouette screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel13; 09-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This autotrace function makes a compound path. Looks like a group but is not. Ungroup does not work. In order to be able to select and/or work the individual lines, you must release compound path.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have a question - when you save inside silhouette studio - it doesn't save as .gsd? What happens to the file that once you save inside silhouette studio, that you cannot open again in robomaster?

Thanks.

Pat

View Gallery

I you open a GSD the hit the save "button" it saves as GSD.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Is .gsd the native format for studio software also? I'm going to try downloading the 1.3 of the studio software tonight and give it a go.

Pat

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No, it is .studio

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

OK, so there is no "save as" in studio to preserve the .gsd format to interface with robomaster users?

Just want to know before I start, because this isn't made clear anywhere on the Silhouette America website [in the US].

I have the robomaster 5.10 [which I downloaded before I knew I was going to get the silhouette] - will that work with the silhouette if I wanted to go that way instead of studio? Which is better [especially for print & cuts which is why I got this machine]?

Thanks!

Pat

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    Hi, Pat. I don't have 5.1 of Robomaster as I use version 5.3, but I find Silhouette Studio far easier to use for standard cutting than the Robomaster software. I've not tried a print and cut as yet in either software to be able to give you a comparison.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points