Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Pesco

I also purchased my Silhouette through QVC when it was under the Quickutz umbrella and it was a 2.6 version, then later on there was a 5.10 version that was still under the Quickutz umbrella.

I'm pretty certain that Sillhouette America produced a 5.3 version for some kind of update but I can't remember what it was, but I do remember not downloading it because 5.1 was ok.

When I first downloaded the Studio software I didn't have any of the GIF problems at all, so you will have to draw your own conclusions.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I downloaded the 5.3 version for Robomaster back on 17th September but for some reason didn't run it. Now I can't access My Library in Robomaster although I can download designs into it but have no way of checking if they arrived until I send them to Silhouette Studio.

So I searched for the 5.3 download today and found it but can't seem to get it to run. When I go into setup.exe it says it is file version 10.50.0.125 so I'm not sure now if this is to do with Robomaster or Silhouette Studio. If it is Robomaster I'd try running it to see if it helps the problem in My Library. Has anyone any ideas which update this might be for?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    After reading all this thread I am going to presume that Silhouette only want you to use their files/templates you an buy from them is this right?
    Hi Tina

As you know I have purchased some of your designs in the past and what I can now do is Open your purchased files in the Studio software and say alter it by changing the sizing to make a bigger template and only be able to save in the Silhouette Studio file format.

I just tried to purchase a few 99cents files from the Silhouette store from my Robomaster 5.1 version and now unable too, it looks like any future purchases from the Silhouette store can now only be purchased from the Silhouette Studio software..The last proper download I made from the Silhouette store using the Robomaster version5.1 was on the 20/10/10 with no problems, todays download was not allowed and this message appeared when I tried to download in the Robomaster software, can't seem to attach pic but it was a little panel saying something about the SSL secure channel not being valid etc......

OK All never 1 to give up entirely, here is a screenprint of the message that will appear if you try too purchase silhouette designs using the Robomaster version.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel13; 31-10-2010 at 03:43 PM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    I downloaded the 5.3 version for Robomaster back on 17th September but for some reason didn't run it. Now I can't access My Library in Robomaster although I can download designs into it but have no way of checking if they arrived until I send them to Silhouette Studio.

So I searched for the 5.3 download today and found it but can't seem to get it to run. When I go into setup.exe it says it is file version 10.50.0.125 so I'm not sure now if this is to do with Robomaster or Silhouette Studio. If it is Robomaster I'd try running it to see if it helps the problem in My Library. Has anyone any ideas which update this might be for?
    Hi SusieA

Are you asking about the latest Silhouette update???

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Angel,

No I was asking about the last Robomaster update. I'm running version 5.1 and I'd saved 5.3 back in September but never ran it because of problems. Since I can't get into My Library in Robomaster I thought I'd give it a try as when you go onto Silhouette site it says the 5.3 download isn't available, you have to download Silhouette Studio.

I think this is all a moot point now if you can't purchase designs through Robomaster. It's just that the set up file sounds like the download for studio anyway IYKWIM and it was supposed to be the 5.3 version of Robomaster.

View Gallery

Hi Angel,

No I was asking about the last Robomaster update. I'm running version 5.1 and I'd saved 5.3 back in September but never ran it because of problems. Since I can't get into My Library in Robomaster I thought I'd give it a try as when you go onto Silhouette site it says the 5.3 download isn't available, you have to download Silhouette Studio.

I think this is all a moot point now if you can't purchase designs through Robomaster. It's just that the set up file sounds like the download for studio anyway IYKWIM and it was supposed to be the 5.3 version of Robomaster.

I have a feeling that the Robomaster 5.3 was a rebranding excercise, so that you would see the Silhouette Logo instead of Quickutz logo on your screen; but as I never downloaded the 5.3 version I don't really know what the update was for....

I'm not unorganised, I just need a bigger craft room! Faeriequeen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    Hi Tina

As you know I have purchased some of your designs in the past and what I can now do is Open your purchased files in the Studio software and say alter it by changing the sizing to make a bigger template and only be able to save in the Silhouette Studio file format.

I just tried to purchase a few 99cents files from the Silhouette store from my Robomaster 5.1 version and now unable too, it looks like any future purchases from the Silhouette store can now only be purchased from the Silhouette Studio software..The last proper download I made from the Silhouette store using the Robomaster version5.1 was on the 20/10/10 with no problems, todays download was not allowed and this message appeared when I tried to download in the Robomaster software, can't seem to attach pic but it was a little panel saying something about the SSL secure channel not being valid etc......

OK All never 1 to give up entirely, here is a screenprint of the message that will appear if you try too purchase silhouette designs using the Robomaster version.....
    Angel, I've just had the same message. I'm using Robomaster 5.1.
    Downloaded some designs on the 26th and they were fine.
    Just checked my credit card to see if I've been charged, but there's nothing showing just yet... will check again later.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Faeriequeen View Post
    Angel, I've just had the same message. I'm using Robomaster 5.1.
    Downloaded some designs on the 26th and they were fine.
    Just checked my credit card to see if I've been charged, but there's nothing showing just yet... will check again later.
    Hi Faeriequeen

If you go into your Studio software and select the store button then select your account from the top of the store panel, then click on download history you will see your latest Silhouette store transaction which you can recover to appear in your Silhouette studio......(just discovered this function today)

I have also found the link for all the Craft Robo & Silhouette updates and it seems that the 5.3 version was so that craft roboers could access the Silhouette store with theirr CC330L-20, that's what it saids.

Here is the Link

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    After reading all this thread I am going to presume that Silhouette only want you to use their files/templates you an buy from them is this right?
    You may well be right, but I think some people have managed to import some of their own designs into Silhouette, but I understand that whatever changes are made there, cannot be transferred back to RM.

I think the main problem is that nobody seems to know what they want, or are planning to achieve, but the changes they are making, seemingly surreptitiously, are making some uneasy about the future, and what might be contained in downloads, or what may happen once support for RM is withdrawn. As far as I am concerned it is a million miles from what I thought I was buying into.

Whilst I was aware, and expected, that I would not be able to sell on designs as bought and downloaded, i.e. electronic/computer versions of a design, which I would not want to do anyway, I didn't read anything that indicated they would have control over the cut outs produced using the purchased designs.

It may be that they want to try to protect themselves from what they may perceive as customers' 'misuse' of what they regard as 'their' designs, and I wonder if this is why they are now trying to persuade peope that customers do not own the designs (purchased from SA or received free as part of a deal when they bought their cutters), but merely have access to them.

As mentioned in a previous message, doubt has been cast on design owners' ability to control what is done with designs once they have been sold.

Perhaps this is why the hundreds of people selling die cuts or other images and products on Ebay and elsewhere, which have been produced by e.g. Sizzix die cutters, have not been stopped from doing so.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Tina

It is still possible to download from the store via RB. I did this only yesterday. This is the fix I received from Silhouette America for the SLL secure channel error which did work:

Please try to run the store update program again from http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/newStore.aspx. If this is still unsuccessful, you will need to save http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sup...qkregister.exe to C:\Program Files\ROBO Master\Templates (overwrite when prompted) and seek to recover again. If you are on a Windows Vista or Windows 7 64-bit operating system, the noted path above may alternately be C:\Program Files(x86)\ROBO Master\Templates.

The GIF error is an earlier problem. I think with a corrupt gif file. Anyway, I sorted the gifs by size and deleted the one with a size of 0x0 and everything was ok.

Hope this helps.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Pesco

I also purchased my Silhouette through QVC when it was under the Quickutz umbrella and it was a 2.6 version, then later on there was a 5.10 version that was still under the Quickutz umbrella.

I'm pretty certain that Sillhouette America produced a 5.3 version for some kind of update but I can't remember what it was, but I do remember not downloading it because 5.1 was ok.

When I first downloaded the Studio software I didn't have any of the GIF problems at all, so you will have to draw your own conclusions.

Hi Angel

My Silhouette is the Quickutz SD version but it is the software that came with it that is version 5.01.

I have since found out I did download the RM version 5.3 from SA, which is why I was asking if you knew where I could obtain version 5.1 that did not involve downloading from SA, in case I needed it. I did also download SS, version 1.0.11, but both these downloads were made after, and because, of the GIF problems I experienced.

It eventually transpired that the GIF problems on my computer were caused by downloading 2 dodgy designs from SA. Once these were removed my library problems were solved.

Have there always been GIF type problems when using Silhouette, prior to the recent spate, say before June or July this year?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by pesco View Post
    Hi Angel

My Silhouette is the Quickutz SD version but it is the software that came with it that is version 5.01.

I have since found out I did download the RM version 5.3 from SA, which is why I was asking if you knew where I could obtain version 5.1 that did not involve downloading from SA, in case I needed it. I did also download SS, version 1.0.11, but both these downloads were made after, and because, of the GIF problems I experienced.

It eventually transpired that the GIF problems on my computer were caused by downloading 2 dodgy designs from SA. Once these were removed my library problems were solved.

Have there always been GIF type problems when using Silhouette, prior to the recent spate, say before June or July this year?

Nope Pesco I don't believe there was ever a GIF problem until recently......Thanks for the info Chamberlin, not sure whether I will download yet; will wait a while.......

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by pesco View Post
    Hi Angel

I've never had a GIF problem before this so which designs were causing the problem please? I would like to have a go at removing them if possible and get my library in RM working again.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Angela

So if what I am thinking is right you will have to use only their designs.. which is what I think most machine manufacturers is after so they get the sales and no-one else...

I believe this was Silhouettes idea in the first place as you could download the free files from them but the rest with re badged machines couldn't so it was in your interest if you like to have a silhouette not craft robo...

Which I think is wrong as people like myself like my own designs and not to be told what I can and can't cut with my machine...
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (59)
    I've never had a GIF problem before this so which designs were causing the problem please? I would like to have a go at removing them if possible and get my library in RM working again.

Susie, this is what worked for me (from a Silhouette America email)

If you have thousands of designs, it may be faster to manually remove the incomplete .gif files causing the problem. Do this by opening My Computer and navigating to C:\Program Files\ROBO Master\QKView\Thumbnail or C:\Program Files (x86)\ROBO Master\QKView\Thumbnail. Next, in the view menu, choose "Details". When the files are listed with their details, click on the column header labeled "Dimensions" to sort by that attribute. You should delete any files that have a blank space where the dimensions should be listed (i.e. the dimensions should read "100 x 100" for each file). Also sort by the "Size" column and delete any files with a size of "0". After removing these corrupt files, you may recover them in the Silhouette Online Store.

Hope this helps.
    : o 0 PETRA 0 o :
    August 2013 week 1 challenge
    July 2013 1 x SLO= 10 points