Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Bind it all questions and answers

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

Here you go! Also see the Common Room thread in Team Chat
    Please feel free to carry on......
    Please feel free to carry on......

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Thanks Gwyneth .. the pizza boxes were not quite right .. just a little flimsy to hold all the page protectors so will try the mount board route .. although the framers are shut this afternoon (half day Wednesday - how old fashioned!) .. so will see if I can sort something tomorrow ...

Will let you know how it turns out - thanks again for your help x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi everyone,

I've just ordered a Bind It All to help me use up the mountain of stash I seem to have built up. I'm planning on starting with some small notebooks. I've been trying to work out the best way to cut A4 sheet into 4 or 6 easily without the pages looking too scruffy to use as the filling for the notebooks. I've seen the Quickkutz, but I can't afford to buy that as well as the bind it all at the moment. I have a Cricut trimmer. Has anyone had good results just using a trimmer?

Many thanks for any advice

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I tend to use the premade inserts for the bind it all and I usually work on 6x6 .. to get neat edges I tend to cut a square using my circut or I just use a regular trimmer .. both work fine .. I also wanted the Dreamkuts but not at that price!! Cutting A4 should be fine using the trimmer x

Gwyneth .. I forgot to say that I went to the framers and got them to cut me some mountboard which was perfect, which I used with book rings. The book turned out great and the recipient loved it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
    Gwyneth .. I forgot to say that I went to the framers and got them to cut me some mountboard which was perfect, which I used with book rings. The book turned out great and the recipient loved it
    Pleased to hear that all turned out well for you.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Does anyone have the space bar for the original Bind it all? If so could anyone be kind enough to measure the dimensions for it. I was wondering if I can make my own spacer bar. I'm wondering if I can make my own spacer bar from material at home as I can't seem to find one to buy anywhere without lots of postage on top.

Thanks

Dedicated Scrapper Sharon Betts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Basically its a metal bar, 2mm in height, which turns down at either end to hold it in the BIA. Its about 3mm wide. HTH

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Betts View Post
    Basically its a metal bar, 2mm in height, which turns down at either end to hold it in the BIA. Its about 3mm wide. HTH
    Thanks so much for your help - off to investigate now.

View Gallery

My brilliant hubby came up with a brilliant alternative to the spacer bar - Bryant & May Extra Long Matches!!!!! They're fractionally taller than the actual spacer bar but it seems to work fine. One fits in the gap nice and securely - make sure the match head is out the end without the gauge and use a steel ruler or similar to make sure it's level on the bottom & you're good to go! Inspired!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    A long Allen key will work in the same way, just make sure it's the right size Allen Key.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I just can't get the hang of my BIA - such a shame as it could be really useful! I was full of ideas for it when I bought it years ago and have only used it once - caused such a mess - it has languished at the back of my room collecting dust!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi everyone, wow this is a long thread...I'm sorry if my question has been answered somewhere but can't find it. I've used my pink BIA before and it's worked like a charm but after moving house, I've lost the owire measuring template. Recently tried using it and all my wires got squished! Is there any way I cn still use it w/o the template?

Thanks in advance!

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    My BIA arrived today! No wires yet, so I can't start playing, but they're ordered and hopefully will be here soon
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora Latip View Post
    Hi everyone, wow this is a long thread...I'm sorry if my question has been answered somewhere but can't find it. I've used my pink BIA before and it's worked like a charm but after moving house, I've lost the owire measuring template. Recently tried using it and all my wires got squished! Is there any way I cn still use it w/o the template?

Thanks in advance!
    There are markings in the "squishing" area that show the position for each of the wire sizes. I have to confess that my eyesight isn't quite up to reading them, at least not without my glasses! Hopefully you can see them ok!
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

View Gallery

I am so pleased I found this thread, I've had my BIA for a couple of years but I had never visited the website. After finding this yesterday I thought I'd take a look! All I can say is WOW, think my gadget is gonna get a bit more use now LOL.