Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

What are Copic Markers?

I've heard of these and seen them at the craft shop, but what exactly are they? I saw a beautiful hand made card at two peas and the blending and shading looked flawless, is this typical of colouring with Copic Markers?

Thanks Guys
    Nikkei

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Copic Markers and Promarkers contain alcohol-based ink which produces a smoother result with none of the 'tidemarks' you get with normal felt-tip pens. They blend well, too, and you can build up colour without saturating the paper, as the alcohol evaporates and leaves the colour behind.

Some people get quite addicted to them.......I'm a Promarker girl myself, lol!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I used to have promarkers but once I tried using copics I sold all my promarkers and now have the full 180 set of copic ciao's. If you want to go down the colouring route be prepared to become not only addicted to the pens themselves but also the huge range of stamps both rubber and digital that are out there.
    I preferred the copics as I found them easier to blend with. I would see if any craft shops near you stock them then ask if you can try them out as you are looking to buy some. That way you can see if they are right for you,
    The cards on my blog are coloured with copics.
    H xx
    ~Hazel~

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    If you look on YouTube you can watch LOTS of Copic Colouring tutorials and some shops offer a Copic Class (with teachers who have taken the Copic training) if you fancy it. LOTS more people seem to use Promakers, I think because they are cheaper and sold at HobbyCraft and often on sale, but like Hazel I've had both and totally agree with the blending being easier, as well as the brush tip more useful than the two bullet points on Promarkers. JMHO, but I would maybe look at a few of the Copic v Promarker bits you can find via Google and then maybe buy a couple of each and try them out on the same image. It is expensive to buy into one or the other then change Better to see which you like first then buy a lot. I have a set of 72 copics I got on the Marketplace and would love to have the whole range! Hazel I am G05 with envy!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    I bought a couple of each and much preferred the Copic Sketch markers because I found them easy to blend with, liked the feel of the oval barrel of the pen and that stopped them rolling of my desk, the variety of colours and that they are refillable. About 18 months ago I took a 4 week online course with a certified copic instuctor which I really enjoyed. Having all the information in one place, learning things in the right order instead of just picking up bits here and there and being able to ask questions I found very helpful when I first became interested in Copics. At the time we were advised not to buy the sets as they didn't include enough colours for each blending family. Very quickly after that course finished I completed my collection