Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Fab selection of cards - it's lovely to see how everone interprets the prompts.

By the way for those in need of Christmas inspiration or wanting to share their Christmas cards for this year, I have started a new thread on the main board and hope people will join in and share their cards: http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=319935

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Here's mine for this week...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sorry for not joining in ladies but I've been keeping a close eye on your fabulous cards. They have been stunning and I am so envious that I haven't had time to take part.

Barbara, very sorry to hear about your mum, sometimes they have just had enough and want to go and you have to respect that no matter how hard it is, but it sounds like you know that already. I lost my mum last month after a long battle with Alzheimer's. Sadly dad was in hospital when she died and so after 64 years of being together they were apart at the end. Unnecessary really as dad went in at the beginning of July with cellulitis and restless legs then someone forgot to put the cotrails up and he fell out of bed and took a severe bang to the head. He couldn't go home to say goodbye to mum because when he sits up now he faints.

He's tough though and had bowel cancer back when he was 85 and made a full recovery - he was 93 last Saturday. So all the looking after mum whilst dad was in hospital and then visiting dad has put our lives on hold.

But today he's gone into rehab and I'm going to see if the brief time I have at home can be spent crafting - to hell with the housework! I still have to visit in the evenings and we didn't get home until 11pm tonight but tomorrow I'm having a full day at home.

Phil I'm so glad your hubby is okay. They told my dad his op would be successful and they were right - sometimes they just seem to know.

So ladies I have a confession to make - I bought cards for birthdays, yes I'm guilty as charged. Mind you, it almost killed me to do it but with hardly being at home for almost four months you can't really blame me now can you???

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

At last, a card!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Sorry to hear about your Mum, Susie. Sounds like you have all had a tough few months. I think you should definitely leave the housework and do some crafting instead!

Don't worry about buying cards - I must have at least 40 or 50 cards here and I still end up buying them sometimes

Nice to see you have had chance to make a card too! Very pretty!

Trish x

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Sorry for not joining in ladies but I've been keeping a close eye on your fabulous cards. They have been stunning and I am so envious that I haven't had time to take part.

Barbara, very sorry to hear about your mum, sometimes they have just had enough and want to go and you have to respect that no matter how hard it is, but it sounds like you know that already. I lost my mum last month after a long battle with Alzheimer's. Sadly dad was in hospital when she died and so after 64 years of being together they were apart at the end. Unnecessary really as dad went in at the beginning of July with cellulitis and restless legs then someone forgot to put the cotrails up and he fell out of bed and took a severe bang to the head. He couldn't go home to say goodbye to mum because when he sits up now he faints.

He's tough though and had bowel cancer back when he was 85 and made a full recovery - he was 93 last Saturday. So all the looking after mum whilst dad was in hospital and then visiting dad has put our lives on hold.

But today he's gone into rehab and I'm going to see if the brief time I have at home can be spent crafting - to hell with the housework! I still have to visit in the evenings and we didn't get home until 11pm tonight but tomorrow I'm having a full day at home.

Phil I'm so glad your hubby is okay. They told my dad his op would be successful and they were right - sometimes they just seem to know.

So ladies I have a confession to make - I bought cards for birthdays, yes I'm guilty as charged. Mind you, it almost killed me to do it but with hardly being at home for almost four months you can't really blame me now can you???

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Trish and nice to know I'm not alone in buying the odd card. I always seem to have cards made but not the right type or style. I loved your last couple of cards and tried leaving a comment on your blog but I'm having problems again.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    yeah, I buy cards too... I don't even know why i made half the cards I made... it's not like you need to have a stock of "moving home" cards really.... birthday cards would have been better! hehehe

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's sympathy cards with me of all things and Thank You cards - why do I do that! As you say birthday would be better and in fact planning ahead would be even better still, it's not as if I don't know a year ahead who's going to have a birthday.

View Gallery

LOL, I am a bit like that with Christmas cards... it's not as if Christmas day is a surprise... but I need to be in the festive spirit and feel christmasy in order to make them, and well, that usually doesn't happen til late November!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I have managed to never buy a card for the last 8 years. Don't know if I will manage this year with my Christmas cards as I send about 80. Here is a start anyway with my card for this week. The sticker is the greeting.

BARBARA

View Gallery

Great card Barbara! That tree paper is very sweet.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.