Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    Some lovely, lovely cards! I have managed to make a card for last weeks prompts but haven't managed to take a picture of it yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Am struggling a bit with cards at the moment. Apparantly I can either scrapbook or make cards, but not both

Ang - that is a gorgeous card. No wonder you don't want to give it away

I am lucky to do either at the moment Trish.

I have gingham, I can print it in yellow, now what do I have that's plastic.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Buttons?

That's what I was thinking or some of those little resin flowers.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I found some buttons last night, hadn't thought about the resin flowers but I do have some. Just need time now to get on with this.

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I love your card Nat, even more so as it has my favourite paper of the moment on it!

Sorry to be self indulgent but I am trying out a new rule 'if you cut into a fresh piece of paper you have to use it all up', here are the other bits I managed over the sunny weekend!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Oh, they are just beautiful! Be as self indulgent as you like! Those papers are gorgeous...

Quote Originally Posted by paper&ribbons View Post
    I love your card Nat, even more so as it has my favourite paper of the moment on it!

Sorry to be self indulgent but I am trying out a new rule 'if you cut into a fresh piece of paper you have to use it all up', here are the other bits I managed over the sunny weekend!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I agree, indulge away Ang. Such gorgeous cards, I particularly like the little bird house, so cute.

I have been leaving messages all over the place to say 'Thank You' for the fabulous prize which I was lucky enough to win and which arrived today. It is amazing, so thank you again.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by paper&ribbons View Post

Ha! That's why working with 6x6 pads ain't so bad after all! I could never manage that rule as I can't bear the thought of using up an entire sheet, and then it being... gulp... GONE. Mind you saying that I do wish Crate had put more designs in the 6x6 pads, there are 4 sheets of a design instead of 2 and some of my favourite backgrounds from Emma's Shoppe aren't included... may just have to get the 12x12s after all.

However I am very happy for you to stick to this rule if it means we'll be seeing even more lovely cards!

Anyway back on topic, it looks like my mojo has deserted me here's hoping it's back by the weekend! No amount of staring at stash the other day brought it back.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I must agree Nat that I'm not brave enough to use up a WHOLE sheet of paper just in case I need it for something else later and can't get hold of it. Porbably why I have so many half sheets of paper lying around. I think you're very brave Ang.

On the subject of mojo's - if you find yours Nat see if mine is hanging out with it because mine has disappeared too. I wonder if there's some Mojo Club where they all go that we don't know about.

View Gallery

Aw, thanks ladies

Susie, I am so glad that you like your prize, I hope it might help a little with the Mojo!

Nat, I do love 6x6 pads but I get disappointed too when they only have 2 sheets of a certain design *pssst, in a very quiet voice* i bought 3 sheets of Fabrics paper and I am going to go and buy a few more so i don't run out!! btw I love the wedding card you made with the Portrait paper, I feel the need for some of that now! Hope you find your mojo soon

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's very quiet on here.

Mojo is still AWOL but I have managed something. I'd cut a piece of card on my Cuttlebug and this diecut has been sitting looking at me accusingly for a while, so I did away with the gingham and went with yellow. Will post as soon as I figure out how to connect my camera as I'm using an old one.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Okay, not much but here it is. I think the flowers in the centre count as plastic, they're a rub-on. Well, they feel plasticy (if that's a word).

http://

View Gallery

Oh that diecut is lovely! You don't have to use all the prompts, you can use one, two or all three, just pick which ones are helpful to you

When i made the card for tomorrow I almost forgot one of the three elements so quickly added it and I am not happy with it, I should listen to my own 'rules'

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Ang, I think it was a Marianne die. I keep meaning to ask you if there is a tutorial for those beautiful handmade flowers? They're all lovely but the pink gingham one is my favourite.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Thanks Ang, I think it was a Marianne die. I keep meaning to ask you if there is a tutorial for those beautiful handmade flowers? They're all lovely but the pink gingham one is my favourite.
    Hi Susie, I must keep my eye out for it!

I swear to goodness the pink flower took all of a couple of minutes to make as I had my hot glue gun on and the pieces already die cut.

When i made my first couple I used Wendi Vecci tutorial here. Now I can remember it without having to refer to it. I use the Sizzix Flower Layers #5 die, but the flower which you can find on the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die is also a good one! I also like to add in a couple of extra petals, it's so fun to play with them. If you don't have either die I can send you some diecuts from white card so you can colour them yourself and have a go, just let me know!

Ang x

View Gallery

Hello All,

This week's challenge is up here

Here's mine