Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    What I'm wondering is that if there are problems with PnC in 1.9 will there be any fixes if they are now going to a paid version or is that it, we are stuck with it unless we pay?

and as they don't seem to be able to get everything perfect at the same time will the paid version have to be continually updated to get rid of whatever bugs there are with that version?

If I decide to go to 1.9 do I have to uninstall 1.7.1? can't remember what I did before.

Ruth
    Didn't you keep the version of 1.7 you downloaded? I kept all of them. If you download and install 1.9 it will overwrite 1.7 and you will loose it.

If 1.9 paid or free has bugs, they will have to be fixed, but if they now have a £$£$ version and it's a bug fix the fix should be a free patch.
    Last edited by Lucille; 23-08-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thinking about it, the first few upgrades I did I just downloaded the new version but for, I think the last one or two I uninstalled othen downloaded. But I've only ever had one version on at a time, so the first ones must have overwritten the previous ones, so how do you manage to keep old ones?

Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Ruth each time I downloaded a version I saved a copy to my external drive in case I needed to reinstall it ....I've still got V1.7.5. for that very reason

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Tina's blog has a link to download 1.5

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    Thinking about it, the first few upgrades I did I just downloaded the new version but for, I think the last one or two I uninstalled othen downloaded. But I've only ever had one version on at a time, so the first ones must have overwritten the previous ones, so how do you manage to keep old ones?

Ruth
    Like Doreen when I've installed the upgrade I drag the downloaded file into my download folder and keep it, I've also got all the version of RM that have ever been released.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I've reported this problem and this is their reply

QUOTE: No, the update should be universal. We are not sure what error in regard to alignment you may be noting. Do you mean during print and cut operation that the cuts are out of alignment or that the resulting cuts of normal jobs appear to be off from where they are assumed they should be?

If you could send us an example to explore this further, that may be most helpful. We would request:

· The STUDIO file being worked with
    · An image of the resulting cut to show where the images were actually cut
    · Information on if the cutting mat was in use, and if so which style
    · Information on the loading method selected on the Silhouette’s LCD screen

We look forward to your clarification at your convenience.

Please people with similar problems get those files across the wire so the problem can be solved.

Just received this reply to my email about P&C being off (I did send the file and a scan of the file after it was cut)
    Thank you for your alert. We are sorry for any frustration experienced. We appreciate you sending us this information. We will seek to follow up with you as soon as possible as we have any further information we are able to provide. We appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.

Thanks,

The Silhouette Support Team

View Gallery

Thank you for sharing that Doreen, it sounds like there is a bug and it can be fixed.

View Gallery

Fingers crossed it will be soon Lucille

View Gallery

I'm confused here!! No change there then! Is the 1.9 version the one we will have to pay for or is it still a free version. Thanks,

Myra

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Myra View Post
    I'm confused here!! No change there then! Is the 1.9 version the one we will have to pay for or is it still a free version. Thanks,

Myra
    It's an update for the free one Myra but there seems to be a bug in the print and cut because it's slightly off

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think that there is something way wrong with my print and cut as mine is not just a little bit out but way out and I still got the same result when I went back to version 1.7. Think I'll give up for a bit. Spider Solitaire beckons. No staying power, me.
    Anne

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by paper tiger View Post
    I think that there is something way wrong with my print and cut as mine is not just a little bit out but way out and I still got the same result when I went back to version 1.7. Think I'll give up for a bit. Spider Solitaire beckons. No staying power, me.
    Anne
    Give up for now by all means for now, but would you mind reading the first post of this thread and reporting it please? The more information they can get the easier it will be for them to fix the problem.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have already reported it, Lucille but am wondering if mine is the same problem as everyone else as mine seems so far out.
    Anne

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by paper tiger View Post
    I have already reported it, Lucille but am wondering if mine is the same problem as everyone else as mine seems so far out.
    Anne
    At least if they have the file etc, they can sort out if the problem is with the software or you, the reply you get should give you a clue. If it's your settings they should be able to tell you it is and if not they will fix it, sounds like a win win to me

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    oer I thought it was me that had done something wrong last night , l did a print and cut that l made ages ago and it wouldn't even find the lines that it prints (reg marks)l had to do it manually and then when l had done that it cut in a different place just above the words that I wanted cutting.
    I hope they sort it out .
    P