Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Oooh now I'm tempted... Hve never got round to mastering the KNK I bought, so this might be just the thing. Thicker card wd be good, not sure how useful the 12 x 12 wd be for me - I do 12 inch borders for scrapbook pages with my little Robo anyway.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Designmaster software

Hi Brian
    thanks for the information. The machine sounds wonderful but will I be able to use it with my Designmaster files?
    Thanks

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
    Oooh now I'm tempted... Hve never got round to mastering the KNK I bought, so this might be just the thing. Thicker card wd be good, not sure how useful the 12 x 12 wd be for me - I do 12 inch borders for scrapbook pages with my little Robo anyway.
    I've read that the side rollers are adjustable, so it should still be easy to use A4 card, as a scrapper myself the advantages will be the extra thickness, being able to do some nice pen work all around a 12 X 12 sheet of card and also cutting large lace and fancy shaped mats and overlays, I'd also like get a new versamark pen and try some embossing around a 12 x 12 sheet.

I'm not sure if card makers are stopping to think about why they would want a machine that cuts 12 x 12 card that seems like a lot of wastage to me.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks for those ideas Lucille. Will have another go at the KNK this weekend I think, and make my mind up if I am going to keep it. The Cameo is particularly tempting cos the software is more familiar. Wd be quite nice to actually cut a fancy edging to the 12 inch page.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
    Thanks for those ideas Lucille. Will have another go at the KNK this weekend I think, and make my mind up if I am going to keep it. The Cameo is particularly tempting cos the software is more familiar. Wd be quite nice to actually cut a fancy edging to the 12 inch page.
    I've done a lace overlay and a fancy all round border, the photo's are in my gallery here and I've got a shed load of overlays and fancy shaped mats I want to cut some of them I've uploaded here. I saw an embossed all round border done with a Versamark pen and then embossed a few years ago it looked very impressive.

I like the sound of the new numbered blade.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I've read that the side rollers are adjustable, so it should still be easy to use A4 card, as a scrapper myself the advantages will be the extra thickness, being able to do some nice pen work all around a 12 X 12 sheet of card and also cutting large lace and fancy shaped mats and overlays, I'd also like get a new versamark pen and try some embossing around a 12 x 12 sheet.

I'm not sure if card makers are stopping to think about why they would want a machine that cuts 12 x 12 card that seems like a lot of wastage to me.
    I would Lucille, as my family like larger cards and I find the Robo a bit restrictive for fancy card edges as it does not cut a full A4 size. The other plus is thicker card and the adjustment on the blade. All pluses so far for me.

Brian thanks for the lates video and do you know if they will be selling a pen holder for the Cameo?

Lucille I like the idea of using a versamark pen and embossing, brilliant.

View Gallery

From memory the lady who tried the Versamark pen and embossed it, said she had to go over the design twice and have the embossing powder ready, what she did looked really nice.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Brian thanks for the lates video and do you know if they will be selling a pen holder for the Cameo?
    The blade holder in the Cameo is the same size as the one used in the older machines - so both the sketch pens and the CraftROBO pen holders will fit it.

Quote Originally Posted by vallie View Post
    Hi Brian
    thanks for the information. The machine sounds wonderful but will I be able to use it with my Designmaster files?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, the .GRA format is specific to DesignMaster and as DesignMaster is limited to a A4 page width it only works with the A4 size CraftROBO-Silhouette machines. So sadly, it is not compatible with the Cameo.
    Last edited by BrianP; 27-09-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

vallie- you can easily convert your DM files to open in Studio, there is a tutorial in the DM folder, so you don't need to loose them.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    The blade holder in the Cameo is the same size as the one used in the older machines - so both the sketch pens and the CraftROBO pen holders will fit it.
    Thanks Brian, great I won't have to buy another one then.

I read on another forum that C&C have two shows on the 10th November for the Cameo, due you know if that is right?

View Gallery

Yes, I read that too on the other fourm, 10th Nov on telly, do hope as I would like one, my silhoutte is the orignal one, its time for a new one,

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

what channel is CC on

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

rolling

Quote Originally Posted by laurah3040 View Post
    what channel is CC on
    Create & Craft is on Channel 36 on Freeview

Can't wait now as I've had so much trouble with another cutting machine, no names mentioned, but lots of publicity about their problems!

Brian - will you be demoing the Cameo at NEC in November?

Pauline xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Cameo and Duflex

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the video's can't wait to get more information on it and consumables. Can you tell me if it will cut Duflex as I would like to make my own embossing folders with it.

Joan.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ooh I dont have freeview