Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Fab card Barbara, love the owl!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Nat, I love your card, the scalloped border is brilliant.

Here's mine. I just had to use this paper but couldn't work in stripes or retro I'm afraid.

View Gallery

Oooh that paper is lovely indeed. Not to worry about the stripes or retro, the prompts are just for fun and it is far better to come up with a card than no card right?

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes, and better still to come up with a card I can use than another one to sit in my box. This one is for a friend's birthday - I guess the 'birthday wishes' bit might have been a clue.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi, new to the 52 card challenge, hope you don't mind me joining. Here is my addition to the challenge. Struggled with the 'green' not a colour I tend to find easy to use, but hopefully I have ticked all the boxes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Definitely the more the merrier! That's a lovely card, the colours are great. I'm lucky to tick one of the boxes.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Susie, will hopefully manage to keep up with the challenges. I'm sure my creativity will go missing some weeks.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine - only managed the green and stripes this week.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Lovely cards girls.
    BARBARA

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Hi everyone,

I have been searching for the challeneges for cards but don't seem to have found them yet.. Can anyone let me know where to get them from please?

thanks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by magsellis View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been searching for the challeneges for cards but don't seem to have found them yet.. Can anyone let me know where to get them from please?

thanks
    Hi and welcome! If you look above at Mystik Nat's post you'll see her Blog, Kool Kitty Musings. Click on that and it takes you to where she posts the three prompts each week. You can use all three prompts or one or two whatever works for you. If you don't manage a week don't worry you don't HAVE to catch up, it's all very relaxed on here. Just as well because I go missing for weeks. The prompts are posted first thing on Monday and there will be a list in case you want to try any of the previous challenges.

Have fun!

View Gallery

Hi Magsellis, welcome to the 52-card challenge thread.

Past prompts are here on my blog and labelled with the 52-card challenge tag for quick reference: http://koolkittymusings.typepad.com/...ard-challenge/

As Susie said, it's a low-stress challenge and you can join in with prompts that take your fancy, skip ones you don't have time for, go back to any you wish you'd done or really try to hit all three elements and push your creative boundries. The prompt jar has been quite friendly to us this week.

As for other challenges on the card forum, we used to have a monthly challenge but that stopped last year due to dwindling interest and participation, Ang (paper&ribbons) kindly set up this weekly challenge at the start of the year and passed the batton to me when things got a bit too hectic for her.

On a separate note to those that have seen Mary Anne's post in General scrapping about ideas for next year, I'd be happy to hear what ideas card makers have for the forum - any new challenges? Shall I keep the weekly prompt jar challenge going? What about a challenge thread to help us cut into our new stash - "something new, something made"?

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Must give this some thought. What I find difficult is not having much time to craft lately so I need to make things that I am going to use for up and coming events. Sometimes the prompts don't meet the requirements so I have to make cards which are suitable for the recipients.

That said, I do love the prompts and find it exciting wondering what they are going to be and will I be able to use them. Definitely going to give this some thought though.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Here is mine for this week.

BARBARA

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine for this week, my first christmas card for the challenge. I have distressed everything with distressing ink but you cant see it very well, enjoyed making this one.