Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacs crafting View Post
    I knew you would be delighted with the Cameo Doreen. Happy crafting
    How are you getting on with yours jacs?

Dedicated Scrapper jacs crafting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Not done alot yet as I've been busy with other things. Just tried out cutting different card stock and have to say I'm delighted with the ease it cuts through 400gsm. I had some heavy mirri board and it was the same just a super smooth cut. Hope to try and get some serious work done over the weekend

View Gallery

Oooh thanks you've just reminded me I bought some textured mirri board I must try it.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post

Anyone know if the blade spindle is the same as the Robo, can be taken out instead of buying the whole unit?
    They aren't the same, Phil said the replacement blades for the Cameo are cheaper, it might be worth it for people not buying the Cameo to buy the blade housing then they get cheaper replacement blades, you don't have to use the higher numbers, unless you want to burn out the motor.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

On youtube the Cameo appears to be much quieter - would you lucky new owners agree?

ohhhh i seee :) thanks
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    I've only just bought the silhouette but I am already sniffing around the idea of the cameo - I like the deeper cut and I think 12x12 cutting has its benefits I've definitely used 12x12 card on my cricut for stuff.

I know once I've decided I will eventually end up buying - the question is when? Im spending everything I own at the nec tomorrow so it won't be this month anyway

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sarabee View Post
    On youtube the Cameo appears to be much quieter - would you lucky new owners agree?
    I thought so when I watched the You Tube video. it does seem to be a bit quieter but sound it makes is also slightly different if you've heard a Cricut it's a bit like that

Dedicated Scrapper silversparkles's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Well after reading this thread and seeing about the flexy payments on the c+c site I took the plunge and bought the cameo, i've had my craft robo for almost 3 years now so I am telling myself its justified

Never shopped with that tv channel before, does anyone have any idea on how long they normally take to deliver? I am beyond excited to get it now!

View Gallery

yes, I'm looking at that too. They aren't usually the fastest but you can sometimes track your order. It will probably be a week but wow - worth the wait!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I thought so when I watched the You Tube video. it does seem to be a bit quieter but sound it makes is also slightly different if you've heard a Cricut it's a bit like that
    I haven't heard a Cricut but on you tube the lady said it was more like a printer. As I have to cut in the sitting room I could use it more if it's quieter.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sarabee View Post
    I haven't heard a Cricut but on you tube the lady said it was more like a printer. As I have to cut in the sitting room I could use it more if it's quieter.

It's a sort of clicking sound, I think it's the blade going up and down

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    It's a sort of clicking sound, I think it's the blade going up and down
    Here's a bit of trivia. The blade lifts when it comes to the end of a line, it moves to the start of the next line, drops and continues cutting, therefore if you join all the end nodes that are possible to join you will get one continues cut without any ups and downs.

All files made in other software and especially the old GSD files have many end nodes, because of the tools we had available at the time for tracing, here is a fairly normal example, every red spot is an end node.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (96.1 KB, 41 views)

View Gallery

My opinion as to the noise the machine makes, to me it sounds as smooth as the original blue CR and it is quieter than the models that came after, but not by much.

View Gallery

Got my Cameo from the NEC Graphtec stand and yes I did pay £10 more than the other stands but when I queried it I was told that the machine I had bought had the $10 download card in it. Anyway I wasnt bothered really cos all I wanted was the machine which is a dream. I have cut 400gsm mirri board on blade setting 8 and it cut through it like cutting through soft butter. And I used my A4 cutting mat from robo to test it cos I dont want to spoil my 12 x 12 cutting mat yet.
    Nobody can hear you scream.... IN SPACE

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jeanette58 View Post
    Got my Cameo from the NEC Graphtec stand and yes I did pay £10 more than the other stands but when I queried it I was told that the machine I had bought had the $10 download card in it. Anyway I wasnt bothered really cos all I wanted was the machine which is a dream. I have cut 400gsm mirri board on blade setting 8 and it cut through it like cutting through soft butter. And I used my A4 cutting mat from robo to test it cos I dont want to spoil my 12 x 12 cutting mat yet.
    Are you sure it's £10 and not $10 which is less than £10? I thought the voucher was like a freebie, obviously it isn't, so you have had to Pay £10 extra to buy cutting files you don't really need or probably want