Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Newbie Scrapbook Help please re: Baby's 1st Year

Hi All,

Although I've been a crafter for many years I've never scrapbooked before but I would love to make my niece a scrapbook for her 1st year. I have until May but would like to make a start on it now. So far I have the album, refills, papers, photo's and even some scrapbook pages to 'lift'/take inspiration from but what should I do about the titles/journalling?? I feel this should be personal but as my bro/sil aren't scrapbookers I need to give them some sort of ideas what to do.

Can anyone offer me any ideas/help as what to do and have any of you made scrapbooks for other people as a gift? I'd love to see them . . .

Many Thanks Rebecca x

Normal? No, I'm just me stillcrafting's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Will your bro/sil know that you'll be doing this album? If so, you could maybe talk to them about the photos and get inspiration from that for page titles. As for journalling, if you want them to do their own, I would put a journalling blocks on pages ready for them to add the writing.

If the album is to be of a surprise to them too, see what you can think of for titles. As the parents aren't crafters, it's not really much good leaving that to them IMO.

I'm doing a digi scrapbook (to print and put in an album) for my Mum of a holiday we went on. I've done the titles and journalling myself and mainly as if I'm talking to her. You can see examples of the pages in my gallery posts (you'll need to scroll down on the posts as most have more than one photo and they're not all for the album):

HTH

Good luck with it. I think it's a wonderful idea.
    Last edited by stillcrafting; 25-11-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    Love, Sarah xoxo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    My little girls first album is just full of first pages.
    My titles are not very imaginative but its things like
    First tooth, holiday, food/meal, pair of shoes,
    Another option is to do a page a month (or a double pad per month) With a picture or 2 and some journalling about the progress she made in that month. I have a journal (not a scrapbook) with the routines by 1st child went though each month. Its interesting to read now and I'm really glad i wrote it all out now.

I'm Absolutely Scrapulous

My Bloghttp://notanotherscrappingblog.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I'm doing pages of my nephew - he's now 2. My sister scrapbooks but has not been able to do any really since he arrived so it seems to be down to me!!

This is a link to flickr (if it works!), but I'll try uploading here too. I have managed to make an ablum of each year, using AC ring bound albums and they are bursting full

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwZtRV6

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwZrEZR

As for titles - I love using common phrases, quotes or titles/lines from songs/films/books, or my favourite is as if he is speaking/thinking about something in the photo or what I would say to him. I've also used titles of things spoken about at the time and often the baby stickers/rub-ons words can be used as titles too.

Hope it all helps

Ps - please ignore the really bad photos of the layouts and some of them are scraplifted but have no idea who from now - they were donea while back. I can't claim they are original layout designs!! And I've just realised some haven't had the journalling put on - I'm really bad at that - please also ignore that!!

I just tried uploading here and they say my pictures are too big???
    Last edited by naim; 27-11-2011 at 02:29 PM.