Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

wink Something Old, Something New... challenge

Well, it's not technically a "challenge" challenge more a friendly kick up the bum to use some of that stash stockpile!

I can't be the only one who buys more stash than I use, gone are the days when I hoarded stash for "the perfect project". Now I love using new stash as soon as it arrives, but I don't manage to use nearly enough of it before the next parcel lands! (And those parcels don't land half as frequently as they used to more's the pitty!)

So here is the perfect opportunity for us all to collectively make a bigger effort in getting the most out of what we buy.

Bought some new stash? Great, break it open and make something now.
    Received some stash as a pressie? You lucky thing, what's stopping you from trying it out!?
    Bought a product you just had to have but still haven't used it? There's no time like the present.
    Had a sort out, but can't bear to part with something because you will use it one day? Well, one day is here.
    Enabling alert: An Enabling amnesty is in force here. Please feel free to enable your fellow stash admirers, list the products you've used, discuss what you're adding to your wishlist, stash talk is welcomed. As long as you're using it!

Gold stars for anyone who manages the double whammy of combining old and brand new stash on the same project - it can be done!

And extra gold stars if you manage a "one sheet wonder" feat - use up an entire sheet of paper in one sitting, no more pesky scraps to deal with, no guilt over chucking bits away! Just some beautiful projects waiting for a new home.

Now, if your resolution for 2012 is to use more stash, get to it and share what you make here! If you want added inspiration, you can always combine this with the 52 Cards challenge.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Well, to kick things off here's a card I made using some new dies I received from my wonderful scrappy friend for Christmas.

~ Natty ~

Born to Shop ~ Live to Scrap pinkladymel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Nat, this sounds so much fun! I'm supposed to be getting back into scrapbooking but you just keep churning out the cardmaking inspiration - thank you

I've suddenly got all competitive - I want to be a one hit wonder!!
    ♥♥ Come Visit My World♥♥

View Gallery

LOL you can do it! The only way I'd manage it is if it were a 6x6 sheet.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Well, I might as well post this card which features "old" stash:

All old October Afternoon items - I am still struggling to use up Fly A Kite papers in particular. Loved the look of them when I saw them, but just cannot get them to work together.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    I cut into an old A4 sheet to make my neices card, in fact I need to upload it for last weeks 52 weeks challenge and made another one similar for stock and left with a couple of strips, so will use those up on my next crafty sitting
    12 day of Christmas swap

View Gallery

Here's a card made this weekend using some new sentiment stamps I got free with my order from My Favorite Things, which included the branch and leaves die:

The birdie is from my old MME quite contrary stash - slowly but surely using those cute stickers and cards they make.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Great cards Natty, I will come and join you soon when I have bought some new stash (using up old stuff just now )

View Gallery

Well, this thread is for using up old stash too.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Can I join in please?

I have made the first card using all old stash. The happy birthday sticker I got from a american friend about 5 years ago!. The rest of the card was a die cut sheet that I found in my stash (didn't even know I had it).

The second card was made using a new set of stamps by personal impressions and a pin that I got at a boot fair (60 pins for 50p), the bow was bought from the auction site last year and the papers are freebies from a magazine.

This has made me look through my old stash to see what I can do with it, rather than always going for the new stash
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

View Gallery

Fab cards Niki! Isn't it nice to use stuff up?

I am finding it quite liberating. LOL That's not to say that I'm not still sitting on a huge stockpile of untouched stuff....

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I was wondering where to stick this card and this is perfect. All the stash is stuff I've had for quite a while and haven't got round to using or have wanted to save (the Prima flowers). Got to use them sometime though.

View Gallery

Lovely card Susie and great use of those Prima flowers.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks Nat. I should be over on the 52 cards challenge shouldn't I, but nothing seems to fit at the moment.

I love your Sending Warm Thoughts cards, the colours are superb.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    That's pretty Susie