Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    I got my replacement last week - I think they must be getting a bit fed up with me 'cos there was no "care of your blade" and no compliments slip - just the blade in an envelope! I haven't started using my blade yet, but shall follow Tina's tip when I do - not holding my breath though - I just don't have any confidence in the cameo blade at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadget Monkey View Post
    Me neither.....
    I too have no confidence in the Cameo blade and am now nervous of using the replacement. With no feedback from Graphtec on the blades which were sent back I am feeling they are blaming me the user.

I just want to carry on using my Robo blade, but then I can't use thicker card etc., which was a big selling point when I bought my Cameo.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I too have no confidence in the Cameo blade and am now nervous of using the replacement. With no feedback from Graphtec on the blades which were sent back I am feeling they are blaming me the user.

I just want to carry on using my Robo blade, but then I can't use thicker card etc., which was a big selling point when I bought my Cameo.

If your unhappy why don't you contact them direct?... You can't assume on a forum.
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    If your unhappy why don't you contact them direct?... You can't assume on a forum.
    Sorry Tina but I did not post I assume. I posted I am feeling they are blaming me the use.

Yes I have emailed Brian and asked was the blade faulty and as I have followed all the advice given what more can I do.

Just Beginning
    View Gallery

I thought I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have a problem with the new blade, but alas I spoke too soon.
    The main problem is the clogging of the holder, as I said to Graphtec the old type blade was so easy to clean just remove cap, blow & it was clear, it is not this easy with the ratchet one.
    I too, just recieved a new blade, no care of you blade, no explanation as to if it was faulty or not, no apology not even a compliment slip.
    Very wary about using new blade. Shame I had bought a replacement before I sent old blade back. I think they need to go back & redesign the blade & holder, & I have told Graphtec this.
    AS said before on this forum the Cameo is great but design of blade is useless & I cannot understand why they have not redisgned the holder & done a total recall on all the blades.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I took my ratchet blade out the first day as it didn't cut properly and have used the old cap blade, it's just a shame about the price difference - how can they charge £30 for a bit of metal and some caps we don't need anyway? that is 10% of the cost of the Cameo - even more of the older machines.

Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    - how can they charge £30 for a bit of metal and some caps we don't need anyway? that is 10% of the cost of the Cameo - even more of the older machines.

Ruth
    I wholeheartedly agree Ruth. I realise that the spindle itself must be the main part of the cost, but the blade housing and caps must cost a fraction of a penny to produce. It's all a bit of a rip off really and Graphtec should consider selling just the spindle again. I am still hoping they will re design the cameo blade so that the debris can be more easily removed.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I don't have a Cameo so not able to comment on how the blade performs but I do believe that it Graphtec Japan that manufacture the Robo/Silhouette/Cameo and they do not read the posts on here, maybe all you who have problems should direct your thoughts and dissapointment in emails to them. I don't believe that Graphtec uk has any say in how the blades etc are designed.

If I'm wrong I apologies.

Just Beginning
    View Gallery

Hi Fuschia,
    I disagree. Graphtec are the Uk supplier & so our complaints is with them not Japan. It is up to Graphtec to take it up with Japan which I understand from Phil when I emailed him is what they have doen but that it will take several months to sort the problem out. As I siad before it is a shame as I love my Cameo

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes, Graphtec are the uk suppliers, that doesn't make them the manufacturer and whilst they may be able to put forward that their uk customers are disappointed with the blades etc., this doesn't mean that graphtec japan will listen to them. All I was suggesting was that if all the people that are upset by the blade system emails graphtec japan then they may realise that there is a problem and customers are disgruntled.

View Gallery

OK, I for one have had enough of these posts constantly whining about the blade and I have had emails and PM's complaining about them as well. I don't want to stop people having their say, but it has reached the stage where it is the same thing over and over again. I would like to remind everyone that the Terms and Conditions of UKScrappers state

THANK YOU's to sponsors are not allowed. Neither are public complaints about Sponsor or NON-SPONSOR shops or sites. Disputes must be dealt with directly with the shop or site in question and praise should be directed to the shop, who can add them to their site with your permission as a way to demonstrate their Customer Service.

Graphtec do not monitor all posts on UKScrappers and if you complain here they will see, is not guaranteed. I am closing this thread down as it has been going long enough, I would suggest from now on if you have complaints about Graphtec products or service you follow the Term and Conditions of UKS and contact them directly yourself.
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"