I ordered some products from a supplier and was sent the wrong items.

I contacted them and they responded swiftly, saying that they had now sent the correct items - I'd explained that I needed them for a project I was starting at the weekend - and attached a freepost label for me to return the Wrong items.

Over a week later and I still haven't received the correct items. I have emailed them and they have not replied. I don't want the items I received in error, they're still sitting here in their shrink wrap waiting to be returned.

So tell me - am I wrong to hang on to them until I receive the correct items? If I'd made the mistake and ordered the wrong thing, I would have sent them back straight away and waited for a refund. But as it stands, I don't have much confidence that the correct items will turn up (I don't believe they sent them at all), and the way things are going I don't trust them to refund my money either.

I think the onus is on them, since they made the mistake and caused me inconvenience into the bargain, to show good faith and send the correct items before they demand the others back.

Or is that just me??