Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

commenting on blogs,

Is anyone else being driven crazy by word verification on blogspot just now? It is almost impossible to read and really turns me off commenting if I have to retype the WV because I can't read the letters.
    Why not make it easier for people to comment by turning WV off, and just activate owner approval for comments instead. It's so much friendlier.
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    I have turned comment moderation off but now getting plenty of spam which is not so good.

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I've never used WV or owner approval on Blogger and never had a single spam comment.

Mind you, maybe that's cos nobody's actually reading so I'm not on the spammers' radar!
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (35)
    I've turned off word verification because I hate having to do it myself.I have comment approval set so I vet the comments that way. I have had a few iffy people comment but they haven't seen the light of day!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jo.bee View Post
    I have turned comment moderation off but now getting plenty of spam which is not so good.
    I do get some spam but it all goes into a spam folder and I delete it from there

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I turned WV off on mine a long time ago and I get no spam. I may have had 1 or 2 at some point, but I'm not sure what it depend on, eg. who gets more spam and why.

But yes Pam, I've noticed those really hard to read ones lately too.
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    It is a pain - who decides these things? Is there a place we can moan about it to Blogger?

It's even more annoying to type those two "words" in and find that the blog owner has "Approval" on as well!!!!

I have no verification on mine and have had 2 spam messages, both of which went into the spam folder where they were deleted by me. That said, 1 genuine comment went in there too and after marking it as not-spam it appeared on the blog properly.
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Same here - I haven't got wv or moderation on mine and have only had 2 spam comments in the last 12 months, both of which went into my spam folder so I just deleted them.
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! There are a couple of blogs that I comment on regularly, but haven't been able to the last few days, because I can't work out what the WV says

It did make me smile that it asks you to prove you're not a robot, but I think you need to be one to recognise the words

I've never had WV on my blog either and only a couple of spam comments, but blogger deals with them.
    Fiona xx

Dedicated Scrapper hannahvictoria's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I find it a pain too. I've just checked to see if I have it on my blog settings, and I couldn't actually work out how to set it up if i wanted to!! I don't moderate comments either, though I can see while people do. Don't think I've got enough followers to warrant security measures! hehe.
    Hannah Victoria

Love crafts? Love vintage? Love my blog! http://papercadillac.blogspot.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have been thinking the same lately! mine is off and I too get the odd spam but as said above it gors in the spam folder. It really put me off commenting.

Merly Impressions DT
    My BLOG

Dedicated Scrapper jennifergrace's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I hate WV too, it puts me off of commenting on blogs as I can't read the words. I'm also often reading blogs on my Iphone and it keeps 'correcting' my spelling when I type the words, because it doesn't recognise them as 'words' in so I have to retype them again!

I have comment moderation, which works for me at the moment, but I'm thinking about taking it off completely and seeing what happens. x
    Jennifer x

My blog: Jennifer Grace Creates & I'm on the DT for the lovely SJ Crafts and the Scrap365 Sketch DT

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My main gripe with blogger is the fact that I am only able to leave around 5% of the comments I'd like to leave. They either disappear, or blogger tells me my credentials aren't correct (when I'm logged in to wordpress and have typed in my wordpress username fine) or any other number of infuriating, highly un-useful messages......ggrrr..... and now.....the silly new WV has cut my ability to comment to around 1% of the comments I'd like to leave....double ggrrrr....

I had to laugh just now - after trying literally 10 times to leave a comment on Nabview's blog - the words that came up for the WV were 'condemned' and what seemed to be 'doomed'. Needless to say I called it a night at 'Doomed'.....LOL.....sorry Nabby, I DID really want to comment on those fab films you posted
    Last edited by dancingqueen; 21-02-2012 at 12:27 AM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    My main gripe with blogger is the fact that I am only able to leave around 5% of the comments I'd like to leave. They either disappear, or blogger tells me my credentials aren't correct (when I'm logged in to wordpress and have typed in my wordpress username fine) or any other number of infuriating, highly un-useful messages......ggrrr..... and now.....the silly new WV has cut my ability to comment to around 1% of the comments I'd like to leave....double ggrrrr....

I had to laugh just now - after trying literally 10 times to leave a comment on Nabview's blog - the words that came up for the WV were 'condemned' and what seemed to be 'doomed'. Needless to say I called it a night at 'Doomed'.....LOL.....sorry Nabby, I DID really want to comment on those fab films you posted
    But Julie (Nabview) says she has WV turned off!
    Blogger hasn't added wv without our knowledge has it?
    Maybe someone could check my blog to see if mine has WV-It doesn't when I check it.

Edit: Julie-I tried to leave a comment on your blog to say you do in fact have WV on-but I couldn't decipher the letters successfully!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Interesting! Do you think blogger has changed something ? I am not sure what mine is set to...I am off to check.