Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I did try that Lucille but its tatty teddy and it kept selecting all his wiry bits if you know what I mean.

I have tried it in serif I downloaded a trial buts its difficult when you don't know the programme. I am sure I will work it out soon,I'll just keep at it I am not a giver upper LOL..

P

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by papya View Post
    I did try that Lucille but its tatty teddy and it kept selecting all his wiry bits if you know what I mean.

I have tried it in serif I downloaded a trial buts its difficult when you don't know the programme. I am sure I will work it out soon,I'll just keep at it I am not a giver upper LOL..

P
    That's not a problem, once you have done the trace, use node edit, zoom in and drag the nodes around to get what you want.

You can add the odd node where you think there should be one, delete any that you think are in the wrong place and use the 'corner, smooth, flat and curve' options to manipulate the lines into doing what you want them to do. I don't tell which options to use on which lines without sitting next to you and looking at them, but it's not hard if you spend time playing around. There is no rule says you have to save what you do, you might be lucky and pick it up quickly and end up with something you want, or learn enough to delete the first couple of attempts and achieve something on the third.

And remember it doesn't have to be node/line perfect, no one is going to know if you clip of a bit of fur here and there.

I would say spend your time and learn to get what you want in Studio, than have to learn a whole new program.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by papya View Post

P
    Papya which Tatty Teddy image is it? I have the first disc set and have made a print & cut file with the umbrella decoupage sheet 12 on the Occasions disc.

I used the trace & detach. I don't set the first main image to cut with all the hairy bits on. I delete the background, rearrange all the images and put a simple frame around the main image which is the base using the drawing tools or copy and past a frame. The rest of the images I then edit the nodes/points, click the scissor icon and set the ones I want to cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Thankyou so much for the print and cut I have the same CD.

but I think the blue umbrella should be white and its pink with blue. so I opted to print a character, just a teddy then do an umbrella from another clip art section I have on my pc.I then wanted to add it to him as if he was holding it then print him out but I have had to print him separate and the umbrella too. but thanks ever so much for helping.

where would I be without this forum

P xx