Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

jandis
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette Cameo blades

There are many comments about the Silhouette ratchet blade but they all seem to be a couple of years old.
    I have just purchased a cameo and my blade failed after two weeks. A call to Graphtec responded with an insistence that ther are no problems. So I persevered until it gave out and it was the returned and subsequently replaced.
    Now my second one is on the way back as that too has failed.
    Are others still having problems?
    In the US there is an alternative blade but it seems they do not ship overseas. It is a ratchet type but the blade can be replaced.
    For more information look up "SGS Silhouette Metal Blade Holder"
    Last edited by Jandis; 16-03-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling error

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Welcome to the forum. As far as I'm aware the Cameo blade has only been available in the UK for a few months (since the Cameo machine came out I believe). The metal blade holders are too heavy for the Cameo and could invalidate your warranty

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jandis View Post
    There are many comments about the Silhouette ratchet blade but they all seem to be a couple of years old.
    Strange that your finding post that are 2 years old, this blade only came on the market with the machine in November 2011?
    Last edited by Lucille; 16-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

jandis
    View Gallery

error

I said the post were 2007.
    being new to this forum I saw this date beside a name but now realise that it was the posters date of joining - so these are recent posts and ARE RELEVANT.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandis View Post
    I have just purchased a cameo and my blade failed after two weeks. A call to Graphtec responded with an insistence that ther are no problems. So I persevered until it gave out and it was the returned and subsequently replaced.
    Now my second one is on the way back as that too has failed.
    Are others still having problems?
    In the US there is an alternative blade but it seems they do not ship overseas. It is a ratchet type but the blade can be replaced.
    For more information look up "SGS Silhouette Metal Blade Holder"
    Yes, problems with the ratchet blade have been experienced by some of us, but Graphtec who have an excellent customer service are genuinely trying to sort this out and I guess we just have to be patient. I would not be tempted to use a metal blade holder because it is too heavy for the machine and could invalidate your warranty.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Easy mistake to make Jandis when you are new. I don't have the Cameo so haven't had this problem, hope you get it sorted.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hello and welcome to the forum Jandis.

jandis
    View Gallery

point taken

I take the point about Graphtecs service and anything I have ordered have arrived swiftly and no excess charges for post.
    BUT if they are genuinely trying to sort out the cutting blade problem, why not just say "we accept there is a problem and we will sort it" instead of seeming to deny that there is a problem,
    It seems to me that it will it will not go away until it is openly recognised.
    I just wonder how many sales are lost due to this - I know at least one.
    That is it Lucille, I have had my say and will now shut up.