Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Robo wont cut cleanly???

Oh crafty Robo gurus please help!!!!

I purchased a craft robo off eBay this week. Today is my first day of playing with it. I've managed to put some objects into studio and get them to cut (yay me! ) but the cuts are not clean or I tried glitter card and set it to the thickest paper and speed to 2 and it didn't even cut through........

Now I am using the blade that came with the Robo and the pink adapter, could it simply be a blunt blade or am i missing something???? It tells you to adjust the blade to a number but I am assuming that is for the Cameo and we use the yellow, blue and pink adapters? Sorry I am so dumb!

Off to peruse the manual......but any advice would be appreciated

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Welcome to the forum. You can use the Cameo blade in the Robo but it's not recommended to go above number three. It's possible your blade could be blunt. Some types of glitter card can also blunt your blade. Maybe the card is fibrous the Robo doesn't like that type of card. You may need to reduce the pressure and do a double cut, (copy and paste the file and the copy will go directly on top of the original and it will cut twice)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am thinking its the blade as it doesn't seem to want to cut paper either :-(

View Gallery

If you have the pressure too high it just tears the card/paper. When you send it to cut there is an option to do a test cut, start lowish and work your way up.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Sorry for the thick question but how do you change the pressure?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchild View Post
    Sorry for the thick question but how do you change the pressure?
    It is the 'thickness' setting you alter. On full it is 33.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

View Gallery

I see Neries has answered your question while I was typing. LOL

View Gallery

Oh crafty Robo gurus please help!!!!

I purchased a craft robo off eBay this week. Today is my first day of playing with it. I've managed to put some objects into studio and get them to cut (yay me! ) but the cuts are not clean or I tried glitter card and set it to the thickest paper and speed to 2 and it didn't even cut through........

Now I am using the blade that came with the Robo and the pink adapter, could it simply be a blunt blade or am i missing something???? It tells you to adjust the blade to a number but I am assuming that is for the Cameo and we use the yellow, blue and pink adapters? Sorry I am so dumb!

Off to peruse the manual......but any advice would be appreciated
    If you have bought a second hand machine, the blade could well be blunt or even chipped.

If you are using Studio software click on FILE >> PREFENCES >> DEFAULTS on the left side of the window you can choose the Cap Blade.

I would also suggest you take some time to look through the Tutorial folder here you don't need to bother with the Sub folders for other software, but there is some useful information in the RUStuff folder and the Studio folder. Don't assume that there is only 1 tutorial in each thread if you look to the left under the heading Replies anything that has 1 or more has more than 1 tutorial in it.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you again Lucille. I'm going to read the manual tonight and look thru all the tutes.

I'll probably be back with questions hope that's ok ;-)

View Gallery

Thank you again Lucille. I'm going to read the manual tonight and look thru all the tutes.

I'll probably be back with questions hope that's ok ;-)
    There is a lot to take in, but by looking through enough should stick that when you want to learn something you will remember, that there are instructions for it.

To begin, learn about media settings, blade and card, play using scraps and test cuts, you will gain confidence from just doing that.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think the robo maybe faulty. No matter what settings or media I use I cannot get a clean cut. I've spent all morning doing tests cuts and different shapes on card through to paper and they all either partially cut or rip. Nothing seems to work right. It also makes an horrendous amount of noise which surely cant be right???? I've contacted the seller as I think she knew it wasn't working right but did not list it in the description. I am not holding out much hope there but may have to put in a Paypal claim :-(

View Gallery

I think the robo maybe faulty. No matter what settings or media I use I cannot get a clean cut. I've spent all morning doing tests cuts and different shapes on card through to paper and they all either partially cut or rip. Nothing seems to work right. It also makes an horrendous amount of noise which surely cant be right???? I've contacted the seller as I think she knew it wasn't working right but did not list it in the description. I am not holding out much hope there but may have to put in a Paypal claim :-(
    The machine is trying to cut, so I wouldn't be too quick to blame the machine, you probably need a new blade.

These machine do make a lot of noise, if you were expecting a fairly quiet swish of the blade as it slices through your media, forget that I've got the original blue CR and a lite the lite makes more horrible noises than the original, if it's any consolation you do get used to it.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have you checked that you have the blade inside the holder in the machine correctly? Sorry, I don't mean to sound condiscending but its happened to me a few times, lol. I have the robo 200-20 (grey lidded one) and the blades have a 'fin' on them, with mine the fin goes into the holder at quarter past 3 position but I believe with the lite (pink lidded I think) the fin goes at the half past position, so facing you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I did wonder about the blade holder position I have the 330-20, when I changed the blade I had the 'fin' at the front is this correct? I have put in a new blade but just can't seem to get it to cut right. Bit dissapointed really. Hubby made some cheesecake so I'll just go and console myself a bit! Lol.

Does anyone know where the fin is meant to go on this one??????

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think the fin is meant to go facing you, so it sounds like you have it in correctly.

If you have a magnifying glass, you could try to take a close look to see if the blade is damaged but I'm assuming it will be. So maybe buying new one from graphtec is the only way to go.