Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ha ha How to make design

Hi Everyone
    I am new to Craft Robo Silhouette and would like to make my own designs. I am conversant with Microsoft Publisher and have made lots of designs in this programme but am not able to change the format to GSD to put into the Silhouette programme. Is there a programme that I can use that makes the designs in a GSD format so I do not have to fiddle around with the format. I love my silhouette and have made lots of things from the templates available on this site but would dearly love to make my own designs. Can anyone help me. I have been asked to make invitations for 25th wedding anniversary celebrations for a friend and have design in my head but would find it difficult in the silhouette programme. Many thanks for looking at my request.
    Jenny B:

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    You can download Robomaster free from Tina's blog here but Silhouette Studio is much better and does much more there are lots of tutorials to help you in the Tutorial section for Robomaster and Studio

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

You should be able to save your Publisher files as jpegs or pngs both of which you can open in Studio but you would then have to autotrace them to get cutlines.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

You could use Inkscape too, then export as a bitmap, save as a jpeg in paint, then re-trace in Robomaster.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jayembee View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I am new to Craft Robo Silhouette and would like to make my own designs. I am conversant with Microsoft Publisher and have made lots of designs in this programme but am not able to change the format to GSD to put into the Silhouette programme. Is there a programme that I can use that makes the designs in a GSD format so I do not have to fiddle around with the format. I love my silhouette and have made lots of things from the templates available on this site but would dearly love to make my own designs. Can anyone help me. I have been asked to make invitations for 25th wedding anniversary celebrations for a friend and have design in my head but would find it difficult in the silhouette programme. Many thanks for looking at my request.
    Jenny B:
    I don't see making the transition from one program to another difficult, when it comes to drawing shapes, if you can do it in X program you can do it in Y program. As Doreen has said Studio is a nice little program, very user friendly and it's free, lots of tuts here and people to help you through it.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone. I would like to draw in the Silhouette programme I will have to keep trying. I wondered what inkscape is?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jayembee View Post
    Thanks everyone. I would like to draw in the Silhouette programme I will have to keep trying. I wondered what inkscape is?
    Inkscape is a vector graphic program, if you want to explore that, fine, but keep in mind it is not made specifically for crafters, people use it for almost any profession that requires art work and design, it has a lot of functions that as a crafter you don't need to know about, so learning it without tutorials can be very daunting.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"