Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Still no chance of me taking part for a while my brain is fried now. Dad came home from hospital after 9 months and due to a mix up in his meds he's now back in hospital. Meanwhile, we've just had the worst 5 days and nights of our lives. When you are being called every 15 minutes in the night it is soul destroying, not to mention the worry of what is going so badly wrong. Two GP's and an ambulance later he is back in hospital to be stabilised until we try him home again.

Anyway, sorry for the moan, just wanted to say I've been leaving messages on the fantastic array of cards.

Nat that is a beautiful card and I must look into getting some WMS, I don't have a single one.

Karen, have you caught whatever Jayne had last week. Whatever this is I want to to catch it because not only have you made stacks of cards, they are all gorgeous and that little snowman is so cute.

I've never seen so many wonderful cards, Barb loved your card with the lace trim. Loved those papers on yours Phil, such rich, bright vibrant colours, what a daughter you have.

Thanks also for all your lovely comments on the cards I put in the gallery. Reading those comments gave me such a boost after all that has gone on. I know that sounds silly but crafting is all that keeps me sane at times and I love it when I can join in.

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Susie, I hope things get better for you and your dad soon - it's hard to believe that you've been going through so much and yet still took the time to leave your lovely comments! Sending (((((big squishy hugs))))))

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

big hugs Susie, hope things improve soon! it must be so hard!

re: wms - i was lead astray by Nat's gorgeous cards and HAD to buy some at Christmas! they are gorgeous!

it really is kind of you to leave comments when your life is upsidedown!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the much welcome hugs ladies. Hubby and I are crashed out on the sofa this afternoon and you'll love this, he is so exhausted he even watched QVC crafting with me - that's completely unheard of. Dad was shouting "Nurse, nurse" all night and now hubby and I shout "nurse" when we call each other. We've developed a very sick sense of humour but sometimes it's all that keeps you going. Dad is recovering today and we will try him at home again hopefully. He's 93 and has come through so much he deserves every chance of finishing his life at home as mum did.

As for the comments, the cards have all been so fantastic they cried out to be complimented. It's a bit of normality in our world of madness and I know lots of you are going through some very tough times too, Like Barb losing her mum round the time we lost our mum last year.

I should be crafting but I'm off to crash again and get some much missed sleep but I'll keep checking back to see what you are all up to.

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    at you and hubby shouting nurse, it's the kind of humour me and my OH share and its the kind of humour that will see you through this

No crafting for me yet this week, I went to my usual monthly crop on saturday and managed to fully complete 4 LOs and part complete another so I'm a little crafted out at the moment I'm on annual leave next week so I'm going to put aside a little me I'm soooo tempted by the WMS too, I've put them on my birthday wishlist but that means I have to wait almost two months before I find out if the hints have been picked up

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Here's mine for the sketch for week 14...details are on my blog

Goodness, some of you have been busy!

22 layouts in one month Karen?! You are surely a scrapbooking machine! Plus all those cards, good idea to start early for Christmas

Jayne, you are nearly doing as well with 6 layouts plus cards! It takes me a month to do ONE layout these days!

Susie, I hope you and your hubby are both feeling a bit more rested soon and your dad is OK. And yes, Phil does indeed have an amazing daughter ha ha

Lilli, Lin, Barbara and everybody else, all lovely cards - am off to leave some comments in your galleries.

And Nat! Yours are fab too. Am not copying you with the WMS compact sentiments stamps honest, but the "So Happy for You" stamp was the first thing I thought of when I saw this weeks prompt before I even saw your card! Also, I loved the Easter card you posted on your blog last week, it was gorgeous. (Jayne, stop fighting it, just buy some Waltzingmouse stamps!)

Trish xx

View Gallery

((((hugs)))) Susie - hope you are back on an even keel soon and that your Dad will be much better when he does come back to you.

22 layouts in a month is definitely a bit of a one off for me - I usually feel lucky if I get 10 done per month. But I managed 11 at Sarah's Cards retreat and then the weekend after that I did a 12 hour crop on the Saturday and a 7 hour one on the Sunday which netted a further 8 layouts plus 3 that I did at home so an amazing total for me. Plus the first weekend of the month I went away with some ladies from one of my social groups and managed to make 25 cards that weekend. Needless to say I am feeling all crafted out now and finding it a bit hard to motivate myself.

I have recently treated myself to my first set of WMS - the ones that go with Labels one nesties and I have my eye on the ones for labels 4 (plus i would need that set of nesties as well) - I think Mr P can get me those for my birthday as he never knows what to get. I only looked at the stamps that went with nesties and am trying to avoid going back to look at their other stamps as I just know that I will want them!!

Oh and I have to start early with my Christmas cards as I don't usually buy them so need about 110 cards for my own needs plus I sell some to raise funds for a local charity. By the summer I will be churning out Christmas cards left, right and centre!!

Gorgeous card Trish - I must go and check out your blog!!
    Karen
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

[QUOTE=daisychain888;6424996] at you and hubby shouting nurse, it's the kind of humour me and my OH share and its the kind of humour that will see you through this

Jayne at 3 am I told my hubby I was changing my name by deed poll to Nurse. Finding it hard to answer to anything else now. He keeps waiting for the nurses uniform to go on.

Karen, there's no stopping you is there! Trish that card is stunning, left a message in your gallery. Do ya think you're a bit biased about the wonderful daughter Phil has???

I was thinking of photographing the 5 loads of washing I got through today and sticking the photo on a card. It sure made me happy to get that lot out of the way.

So for my first WMS what would be a good order ladies? I love the stamps you've used Trish and yours Nat. Can you buy digital stamps? I'm thinking maybe the Sweet Birthday Wishes because I can see me using that a lot. Probably easier if I just check out the site.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Here is mine for this week. I thought a wedding card would be suitable for 'happy.'

BARBARA

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    ... Am not copying you with the WMS compact sentiments stamps honest, but the "So Happy for You" stamp was the first thing I thought of when I saw this weeks prompt before I even saw your card! Also, I loved the Easter card you posted on your blog last week, it was gorgeous. (Jayne, stop fighting it, just buy some Waltzingmouse stamps!)
    LOL Thanks Trish, have to say as soon as I saw the peeks of that set I had to have them, the greetings are so nicely worded and they fit on just about anything - love the font too. And well... the stamp I used this week was kind of my inspiration for the prompt!

Alas not sure when I will get much time to craft this month, work is about to get completely manic and I am going to be working the next two weekends I think.

Typical, just after my stash binge arrived as well!

Anyway, enjoy your stamps Trish, I may be living vicariously through your creations!

Have loved seeing the cards popping up so far this week, I shall be checking in on what you all make but apologies in advance if I am awol from the boards. I will be chained to my desk working away...

~ Natty ~

avatar from heather benson lindadragonfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Susie So sorry you are going through a tough time I know exactly what you mean about crafting keeping you sane it keeps me going through some tough times too. Thanks for your help with the linked image query I had earlier ( easy when you know how eh)?

Some of you asked about the font on my Easter cards - it's called Albemarle Swash.

I'm on Granny duty this week so am hoping to play later we have already made a card for Molly's Mum this week, played games, done some baking, girls' lunch out, hair and beauty, shopping etc!!
    Lin
    ---------
    The best things in life aren't things!

Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine for this weeks Happy card. I'me hoping my niece will be happy when she gets it for her birthday He He!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    This is my card for the 'Happy' prompt. The only connection is the sentiment!

Did get to use the new stamps I treated myself to yesterday though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

avatar from heather benson lindadragonfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

That's a lovely card Virginia I love the blue hues and Phil I like the button bow it goes perfectly with the image and paper
    Lin
    ---------
    The best things in life aren't things!

Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.

View Gallery

Hi guys I'm new here, I've come to venture into scrapbooking but I have been making cards for a while so thought I'd check out this board too. I know I'm a bit late joining in this challenge but I'd like to give it a go if that's ok? As I say I'm new so I have no idea about putting pictures and stuff up but when I work it out I will give it a go (any tips welcome!)
    You have all made some stunning cards and I'm going to give the "happy" challenge a go this afternoon
    Rach

my very new blog http://craftyrachyk.blogspot.co.uk/