Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Well, here's the first few of my catch up!

Week 19

Week 20

Week 21

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Great cards Trish especially the butterflies.

Here's mine for this week.

BARBARA

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Trish: Those a lovely cards - such fresh ideas - love the butterfly one.

Barbie: That is gorgeous - is that a Spellbinder die? It is such a lovely shape.

View Gallery

Here is my effort for this week - and it really is 'peach' coloured, honestly:-
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

oh my word - i love love love how well subscribed this challenge is this year but boy - take a week or so away and you all post post post!!!! 3 pages i've just back tracked - fantastic assortment of cards! will try and comment on the gallery later.

well, i think i'm officially uptodate if i can manage to make this weeks before Nat posts on Monday! I'm hoping to sway dh that a 'man' day with ds is essential to make it a 'proper' Fathers Day

i have finally managed the 'rainbow' prompt. I was going to go with some rainbow cupcake cases i have but then they didn't look good so back to the drawing board. I've had the VW stamp for yonks and have never used it as i've never had a backing for it until i serched for some digi rainbow stamps. The colouring is shocking - the card bled terribly and I have limited colours in my small PM collection - and I'm still learning! This is the VW I NEED in my life!

the red/white/blue prompt is me cheating a little as it only covers the R/W/B part and is sooo not a jubilee style but I need a card for a little boy and I recieved these toppers for xmas and really need to use them up! (I don't really like them!) so covering 2 parts of my own challenge for the year - use up stash and make cards that I need!

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Wow, these cards are just great.

Virginia, great colour combo with the peach and the repeated greeting.

Trish, what a splendid catch-up job you did! I love them all, especially the last one.

Barbara, love the contrast between the patterned paper at the top and the plain bottom.

Nice use of the peach element SilverTiger!

And Lilli, lovely to see your cards - I love the first one especially but they are both fab!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine for week 23's Jubilee theme - definitely red, white and blue!

View Gallery

So many fabulous cards ladies - I have just had my trusty notebook out so that I don't leave anyone out

Thriftycrafter, Lilli and Susie - I have left comments on all your cards in the gallery.

Barbara - love your monochrome card, great use of all the diecuts. And a great card made for this week's challenge, love all the different tones of peach. Loving the jubilee card - what an original idea with all the stamps.

Chick - Week 19's card is very elegant and I just adore your week 20 card, would you mind awfully if I scraplifted at some point. Week 21 is lovely too especially the heart and butterfly bunting.

ST - Great red, white and blue card - I like both versions but the addition of the card candy just gives it that little extra something!! And lovely card for this week, love how you have incorporated all the layers.

Phil - love your new techniques card, it is very elegant. Your jubilee card is smashing too - a feast of red, white and blue!! And a very pretty monochrome card - love the purple on purple.

Virginia - I love your jubilee card, the soft pastels are so pretty. Your monochrome card is gorgeous too - I'm a sucker for pink and butterflies so the two combined is just perfect!! And love your peach card too - great layering!!

Cal - love your two butterfly cards, they are both lovely.

Phew I think that is everyone - please forgive me if I have left anyone out . Going to sort out a couple of cards to upload now!!
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

My jubilee card - just went with the red, white and blue theme and have blogged it here
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

And my card for the rainbow week which I think was week 20 - on my blog here
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

Badgerleader - both those are really good - especially the hedgehog - he is cute !

Philthetog - love you red/white/blue theme - especially the coloured string. Saw someone using it on C & C as well, but didn't catch where it came from ?

View Gallery

ST - it looks like baker's twine that Phil has used - just google it and you will find loads of retailers especially the ribbon retailers have it - it comes in a host of colours too - I used a red, white and blue one (called airmail) on my Jubilee card.
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

Oh look - there goes another £11 ! I will have to stop reading your posts soon, Badgerleader, the bank manager will be complaining again ! LOL!!
    Last edited by SilverTiger2; 15-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Oops ST2 enjoy that when it comes, I've managed to resist buying any so far. Your peach card is pretty, neat outline work.
    Virginia the lily card is lovely. It's great to use something that's a bargain.
    Phil the R/W/B card is very smart, would be a great style for a man too.
    Chick a nice batch there, the punched butterflies simple but very effective.
    Badgerleader I like the circle placement on the hedgehog one, and the rainbow balloons, great idea.
    Might have a go at a card tonight.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by virginia View Post
    This is my card for week 24.

Peach = card-stock and patterned paper.
    Flowers = stamp and embossed card-stock
    Layers = 5 layers of paper and card-stock!

Didn't have much peach paper etc to use but got there in the end. Used a Hero Arts stamp that I haven't used for ages along with a bargain sentiment stamp bought from a local craft shop last week for £1

It didn't photograph brilliantly as the pearlescent card reflected the flash.
    This is really pretty !

I usually switch off the flash facility if photographing Mirri or Pearl card - not sure if all cameras can do this though.