Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Phil, I love those cards, the mans one is gorgeous! Love the colours.

Natalie, yours are all beautiful, I love stopping by your blog each week and seeing your creations. You have inspired me so much

Well, I do believe I am up to date!!!! whooohoooo, I even have the whole weekend off before Nat sneaks up and posts next weeks prompts! This week I have failed in my mission to have a recipient in mind for each card thus not having a mass of homeless cards at the end of the year. I just had to make this one! I may put it away for my Mum next year.

I love this quote! I have the Marianne chinese rolled rose die which I used for the flower challenge, but this week at my craft club I spotted some mullberry roses made using the English rose and since the club is in a craft shop, I purrrrchased said die! I had already added some felt to my basket for another project but when I got home I decided this was a better calling for it. Alas the felt was white and a little pale so promarker'd them. the lovely thing is, the promarker gave a mottled effect which I actually quite like! The papers are from Serif Craft Artist 2.

Also, since I was in a rolled flower mood I set too once again and made a second (now that is a first for me) card for the flower challenge! I have had this little fairie stamp for a while unable to make it work until I loaned a branch die in my club this week. You can't see her 'bling' wings but they do twinkle!

For the first time in ages I've managed 5 cards this week! Really need to start on my Christmas cards now.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

week 41

I am now starting to make all of my Christmas cards and am trying to make them flat so that they aren't really expensive to post but I'm finding it really difficult. Managed to make this one reasonably flat by resisting the urge to add brads!

I have used a card layout from Page maps and the simple stories '25 days of Christmas' paper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

week 42

Didn't manage to make this card thin enough to go in the post so it will have to be a hand delivered one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

No new cards from me at the moment - I will be playing serious catch up after 2nd November when I do my second fundraiser. My first fundraiser wiped out all my stock of Christmas cards and most of my other cards - I started catching up with the Christmas cards but my Mum then pinched my box and bought some and she then sold the rest to friends so I am back to square one with no Christmas cards for the 2nd November - so have got a serious production line going at the moment to restock I promise to get caught up in November!!!!

Phil - love your week 36 card it is so pretty and glittery!! Great male card for week 37 and I love the paper you have used for week 38.

Lilli - well done on getting caught up, love your new home card for week 35. Week 38 is lovely - what is that butterfly stamp? All of your rolled flower cards are beautiful - I just love the felt roses and what a great idea to colour the felt - I often forget that my Promarkers can be used for other things than just colouring in images. Great Christmas scene card - I know what you mean about some of the free stamps you get in magazines - the ones from Craft Stamper are always great but some of the others are awful, they either won't stick to your block or they stamp really badly. You asked about how I coloured my Christmas card - I stamped the image using Versafine and clear embossing powder and then I used the summer set of Tim Holtz distress inks sponged over the top - details here on my blog

Nat - I love your blue and red Christmas card, that is a gorgeous colour combination.

Virginia - love your card for week 41 - I absolutely struggle with making totally flat cards as I can never resist sticking gemstones or other raised elements onto the card. And your week 42 card is so sweet - a gorgeous, cute stamped image!!
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

oh my, i'm getting stressed for you Karen! Brilliant to have your cards go to good homes though!

Thank you for the lovely comments! They are always much appreciated!

The butterfly is a totally gorgeous Kaisercraft one called Botanical. Perfect for clean and simple cards although I used it for the postage prompt too! I just checked it out on the net to find the name and am having to have a spend now lol! they are so reasonable!