Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

52 Cards Challenge 2012

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

Welcome to the thread for this year's 52 Cards challenge!

Those of you who joined in with the 2011 challenge will be quite familiar with how this works but there are a few little changes this year - namely to the prompts.

What is it?
    A no-stress challenge aimed at getting you to make a card a week in 2012.
    Each week I will post prompts to my blog - these will either be:
    • 3 prompts randomly picked from the prompt jar
    • Photo inspiration from Pinterest, etc. (that you can interpret in any way that you like: colours, layout, design elements, product - it's up to you!)
    • Design elements or themes
    • An existing card design that you can use as a sketch to create your own interpretation

All you need to do is use the prompts as inspiration to create a card and share it here on the thread. Easy as that.

If you can't include all elements of a prompt, don't worry - there are no rules, the aim is simply to get creating!

Where are the prompts?
    All prompts past and present can be found here at my blog.

When are they posted?
    The prompts go live every Monday morning at around 8.30 a.m. Due to work hours I schedule the blog post for challenge prompts so it's available at the same time and same place each week. I am sure some kind soul could list the prompts here on the thread for anyone having difficulties visiting the blog.

So all that remains to say is... see you Monday for week one!
    Please feel free to carry on......
    Last edited by Mystik Nat; 24-09-2012 at 06:54 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

bleh

Just done one of my read back of the threads so here come a flood of comments

Virginia - love your week 34 (postal), love the very vintage feel of it and the soft colours you have used. Your week 35 is beautiful too - the blue of the ribbon goes so well with the other colours used. Loving both of your cake cards, they are really lovely stamps. Great male card too - super idea to use his tartan.

Phil - love your week 32 card - it is gorgeous and such beautiful colours used. Your digi card is lovely too - really sweet image

Barbara and Thriftycrafter - I have left both of you comments in the gallery.

Paper&Ribbons - stunning male card - I love it!!

Lilli - Fab cake card and your postal card is beautiful, I love all the layering.

Tiger - Your salmon and mink card is lovely - is that the Spellbinders butterfly you have used? The postage card is lovely too - great background. Love the backgrounds to both your male card and cake card - they are great. And love your iris folded card too - I must dig out a pile of cards with fancy apertures in them and use them - they were a bargain buy many years ago in Lakeland but not used any of them yet
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

My card for week 34 - Postal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen
    My Blog

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Lovely card Karen - that image is just perfect for the postal challenge.

~ Natty ~

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Liking this week's challenge, I had a sheet of these flowers in a kit and it's the sort of thing that I like when other people do them but they never seem to look right for me, so I can use the kit sheet and then get rid of it to someone, double whammy!
    Might end up doing the fabric ones as I'm ok at them LOL
    Wk 34 the postal one

View Gallery

The hedgehog looks wrapped up for September, never mind Christmas, a lovely warm look to this one, very neat too BL.
    I'm getting a big idea that you have quite a collection of hoggie stamps LOL the ladybird card is so sweet, and the embossed circle very nice too.
    ST the Iris folding is lovely, I've never tried that, I must remember that next time a new technique challenge comes up.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine for week 34 - postal

And week 35 - Salmon and mink. The mink is a mink earring I have had for 50 years!

View Gallery

Wk 37 for men
    Ooh Phil, loving the fluffy bit, not sure If I want to know if it's real (guessing it is) but it's lovely, I've got this one in my 'to do' pile. Liking the lace and the vintage postal card too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    My card for week 39. It wouldn't photograph very well as the gold kept reflecting the flash and it's too dark this evening to take a photo without it. Missed week 38 so off to do that one now.

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

How lovely !

I am having problems with the coiled flowers - they keep uncoiling when I am not looking ! Will beat them into submission eventually !

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Barbie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Great cards everyone. Here is mine for this week.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopo...1/flowers2.jpg
    BARBARA

View Gallery

LOL Thriftycrafter - it is not a secret anymore that I have a rather large collection of Penny Black stamps - especially the cute critters. I got some lovely new ones for my Birthday and I have also treated myself to some new Christmas ones too - so look out for them appearing on cards soon - especially when Natalie starts giving us Christmas prompts - hint hint
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

week 38.

I kept trying to put more and more onto my card. Not good at doing simple I'm afraid!

View Gallery

Week 40

This was a good time for me to try out my new Inkylicious tree stamp that I treated myself to at the Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft show at Exeter last week. It went really well with the Inkylicious santa stamp I treated myself to at last years show!

View Gallery

Liking just that little bit of sparkle on the last one, the simple one is simply lovely and the coiled flowers very nice too, I like the way you've arranged them Virginia.

Nice job with yours too Barbie, liking the colour of the flowers especially.
    Must get on with this one.