Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Oooh I love that Santa scene - that tree stamp is just lovely with the background.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Still slowly slowly catching up - here is my card for the sketch for week 25

And don't faint everyone as the stamp I have used is not a Penny Black one!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen
    My Blog

View Gallery

TC - have left you gallery comments on your recent cards.

Phil - lovely postal card and I am laughing at your Salmon and Mink card now pondering whether to put a real salmon on my card for that challenge seriously though it is a really lovely card.

Barbara - lovely coiled flower card, very pretty

Virginia - great simple, paper card (struggling with this one as I rarely keep a card totally simple, my hand always itches to put some sort of embellishments on it). Love your coiled flower card and am absolutely loving the card you have done for this week's challenge - fab inking effect and the two stamps go together so gorgeously. Would you mind very much if I scrap lifted this card?
    Karen
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by badgerleader View Post
    Phil - lovely postal card and I am laughing at your Salmon and Mink card now pondering whether to put a real salmon on my card for that challenge seriously though it is a really lovely card.
    Thanks - think salmon might be a bit slippery for card making but would love to see it!

Here's mine for WK 36

View Gallery

oh my, the problem with going awol is I get so behind with all your fab creations.

Can I just say how fab they all are, I hope I don't miss anyone here:-

Phil, I love the colours and design on your postal card and again, your colours on the cake are lush! I always look forward to seeing your cards.

Karen, Your postal is soooo cute! You are tempting me with PB stamps! How did you do the colouring on your next xmas one? I love the cut out.

Thriftcrafter I love the simple cards, great use of a free stamp. The male ones are fab too but the VW is my fav, I've a bit of a soft spot for them.

Virgina your flowers are perfect! Beautiful card. lol, simple isn't as simple as it sounds is it! Love the sentiment stamp. Your christmas scene is lovely, I love the trail of bling following the reindeer!

Barbara wow, I really llike the flourish and the white border at the bottom, the sentiment goes so well with both.

Right, for me, well life has been sooooo mental lately I've not crafted for way too long apart from to make the following which were needed. Thankfully the 'mental' has only been life being busy and nothing bad though - just one of those times where you don't have enough hours in the day, days in the week.

Anyhow, here's my missing card from wk 35, I struggled with this one - ALOT!!!!

and wk 38

so, just 37,39 and 40 to catch up with eeeeeek, and Nat will be making that 41 come the morning! Best get my mojo working!

View Gallery

LOL, well done Lilli! Tomorrow's prompt may indeed help you achieve those missing weeks.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Oooooh, love sketch prompts! Might use that for the man's one too.

Well, here is WK 39. I'm actually really happy with this even though the printer, hiding stash and a workshy sewing machine gave me such grief and I had to hunt out my mojo which was cowering in a corner!

I also have to say I was 'inspired' (ok, I blatently stole the idea) by Nat with the vellum cut out - I love this effect and can see me using it alot!

View Gallery

Oooh that is lovely Lilli - those rolled flowers are fab and I have to say the vellum cut out thing is the only way I think I will ever use up all the vellum I have. I love this look and die cut edges on vellum.
    I think vellum will also be perfect for Christmas cards too, who'd have thought I would be back in love with vellum after all these years! Almost 10 years ago it was all the rage in every in your face colour, gawdy pattern and what have you. I went a bit mad at the prospect of having all that vellum to play with when it was being flogged on QVC. Now I just have plain sheets and a few coloured ones left after getting rid of the rest over the years.

Your card is really beautiful. And well done for surviving all that drama!

I thought I'd pop in and post the cards I made for the last prompt:

If anyone is looking for more sketch ideas here are some of the cards I have made recently that were based on sketches:

Last week's CPS sketch:

The current WMS sketch challenge:

This week's CPS sketch:

So sad to hear that the CPS sketch blog will be closing, would love to hear of any new-to-me sketch blogs to try out where you can use any products you like - link me up!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Thanks Nat, hope you don't mind my 'lift'. I have another hoard of a4 vellum I bought off QVC a long while back now you mention that - must go seek it! If I recall, it is deep colours! Maybe I could use one on this weeks challenge!

Well, I decided to have a go at the male card tonight and seem to not only have managed to keep the mojo but say thrifty too - thriftycrafter you will be pleased with me

Week 37 Male, Everything here was 'free'! The papers were from a magazine, the tag is off a teeshirt, the popper is off a jacket, the ribbon off a gift and the paperclip seems to have 'appeared' from somewhere over the years!

Then while I was looking for something I came across some xmas papers and thought I'd have a play with Week 40. Again this is a thrifty card, the victorian tiles (which are the 'scene' element) are from some papers given to me, the others are last years leftovers, the stamps were free off a magazine (I don't always find free stamps to be the best).

The lighting isn't brilliant but I always craft at night and was too impatient to wait for morning lol!!!

So, I only have this weeks to do - whooohooooo!!!!!

I've really loved doing this challenge this year!

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Brilliant Lilli, it's a great feeling when you can use those bits that 'might come in handy' and make such a great job of it too. Nice job with the rolled flowers, I love that little house, well worth the effort.
    A very smart batch Nat.
    Scrummy cupcake Phil.
    Lovely embossed card BL, I don't think the hoggies would have come up so well with that technique.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's mine for week 37 - suitable for a man

and week 38 - paper, simple, with love

View Gallery

Phil, I love those cards, the mans one is gorgeous! Love the colours.

Natalie, yours are all beautiful, I love stopping by your blog each week and seeing your creations. You have inspired me so much

Well, I do believe I am up to date!!!! whooohoooo, I even have the whole weekend off before Nat sneaks up and posts next weeks prompts! This week I have failed in my mission to have a recipient in mind for each card thus not having a mass of homeless cards at the end of the year. I just had to make this one! I may put it away for my Mum next year.

I love this quote! I have the Marianne chinese rolled rose die which I used for the flower challenge, but this week at my craft club I spotted some mullberry roses made using the English rose and since the club is in a craft shop, I purrrrchased said die! I had already added some felt to my basket for another project but when I got home I decided this was a better calling for it. Alas the felt was white and a little pale so promarker'd them. the lovely thing is, the promarker gave a mottled effect which I actually quite like! The papers are from Serif Craft Artist 2.

Also, since I was in a rolled flower mood I set too once again and made a second (now that is a first for me) card for the flower challenge! I have had this little fairie stamp for a while unable to make it work until I loaned a branch die in my club this week. You can't see her 'bling' wings but they do twinkle!

For the first time in ages I've managed 5 cards this week! Really need to start on my Christmas cards now.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

week 41

I am now starting to make all of my Christmas cards and am trying to make them flat so that they aren't really expensive to post but I'm finding it really difficult. Managed to make this one reasonably flat by resisting the urge to add brads!

I have used a card layout from Page maps and the simple stories '25 days of Christmas' paper.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

week 42

Didn't manage to make this card thin enough to go in the post so it will have to be a hand delivered one.

View Gallery

No new cards from me at the moment - I will be playing serious catch up after 2nd November when I do my second fundraiser. My first fundraiser wiped out all my stock of Christmas cards and most of my other cards - I started catching up with the Christmas cards but my Mum then pinched my box and bought some and she then sold the rest to friends so I am back to square one with no Christmas cards for the 2nd November - so have got a serious production line going at the moment to restock I promise to get caught up in November!!!!

Phil - love your week 36 card it is so pretty and glittery!! Great male card for week 37 and I love the paper you have used for week 38.

Lilli - well done on getting caught up, love your new home card for week 35. Week 38 is lovely - what is that butterfly stamp? All of your rolled flower cards are beautiful - I just love the felt roses and what a great idea to colour the felt - I often forget that my Promarkers can be used for other things than just colouring in images. Great Christmas scene card - I know what you mean about some of the free stamps you get in magazines - the ones from Craft Stamper are always great but some of the others are awful, they either won't stick to your block or they stamp really badly. You asked about how I coloured my Christmas card - I stamped the image using Versafine and clear embossing powder and then I used the summer set of Tim Holtz distress inks sponged over the top - details here on my blog

Nat - I love your blue and red Christmas card, that is a gorgeous colour combination.

Virginia - love your card for week 41 - I absolutely struggle with making totally flat cards as I can never resist sticking gemstones or other raised elements onto the card. And your week 42 card is so sweet - a gorgeous, cute stamped image!!
    Karen
    My Blog