Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks Ruth. I tried to find why it got its name but drew a blank.

View Gallery

Caught up with some more of the challenges. A card for my MIL fills challenge 6:

While my new fantasy supplies allowed me to complete challenge 1

Leaving only 2 back challenges to complete.
    Pink Glitter Gals : Red Ribbon House
    My Blog and website

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    My week 8 card inspired by Nats style of cards.

Found a free printable page on pinterest that included the apron and pies. I had forgotten that I had pinned it.

I used some new My Minds Eye papers that I recently treated myself to!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Wow Amo, you're racing through these, nice work. Lots of super cards this year girls.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Amo, you're doing great at catching up! Lovely cards

Virginia you were quick with this weeks challenge. Those pies look good, I shall have to have a closer look at pinterest.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Thanks. I let my husband borrow my craft room a year or two ago when he was working the night shift from home. It's got a lovely computer desk and plenty of space, but most importantly it was out of the way of noise. I could do dinner, housework and watch tv while cross stitching or knitting downstairs. The only thing I couldn't bring downstairs was my papercrafting supplies, but it'd be fine, I thought, it's only while he's working from home. He stopped working from home and started accumulating god only knows what EVERYWHERE! And shortly I couldn't even get inside the room! But he's cleared it all out for me. I have access to most of my supplies again now, some have gotten lost in the fact that I couldn't actually get in there for so long so anything new I bought never made it's way into the room. So sad! I have a beautiful set I bought in a toy shop that I need to play with! It's a pen that writes this blue ge type stuff, when it dries it's clear and tacky. So you either place these foils over it or you rub the glitters over it and it's lost!!! Must buy another set next time I go the the most magical place in this country (Toy shop in London)...if I can ever find the thing again.

But anyway, because I've not had the tools or the space for papercrafting I have this itch to do something! So I've been happy for the challenge catch up. Gives me something to do with my supplies I can't scrapbook because the photos for one book need printing off and the other book I have to actually find them! And drawing out the layouts isn't half so much fun as actually making something
    Pink Glitter Gals : Red Ribbon House
    My Blog and website

View Gallery

I'm pretty sure an ordinary glue pen will do that Amo, the blue sort that you can get on ebay, mine's made by a company called Sailor; 2 in 1 glue pen, I expect some of the suppliers who advertise here would have them too, it has blue glue that dries clear then you rub the film over, you can use it for other things too of course, which I do.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I know I've said it before, but it's the variety of projects on here that I just love! it's very inspirational to see all the different styles coming from the same prompt. Those pop up cards lilliboy? They're fantastic.
    Sian
    my blog

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I totally agree - I just love seeing the variety of projects you come up with.

I have been popping into the thread but not had my PC on since the weekend as it has been work-work-work and I keep nodding off on an evening when using my iPad.... I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to a lie in on Sunday! Early start Saturday so hoping Sunday will be a day of rest, finally!

~ Natty ~

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

I've only recently returned to card making after a few years forced absence (due to family health pressures) and I've just found this challenge. It looks like it could be just the thing to get my inspiration fired up after being dormant for so long. But, I'm afraid that the family health issues are not totally resolved and so, I don't think I am able to 'catch up' with these challenges, so, I thought, I'd just 'pick it up from week 8' . . . my card photographing technique leaves a lot to be desired I'm afraid Tried to stick with the colours.

Hazel x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    lovely work everyone
    http://justforoneday11.blogspot.co.uk/

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Here is mine for week 8 - I can't begin to tell you how many things went wrong as I was making it, but I have managed to salvage it
    Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Very pretty Wendy . . . love the flowers!

View Gallery

Hazel, lovely cards, a good idea not to get bogged down with catching up, liking the zigzag card I have a few of those and never manage to get up any enthusiasm for them, might have to have a closer look at yours to get me going on them, lovely bright colours for this time of year.
    Lovely work on that colour scheme Wendy, pretty little birds.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Lovely to have you back in the card making groove Hazel. Jumping right in is the best way to go! And great cards to get you started.

Very nice take on the colour palette Wendy.

Here's my main card for this week, have been trying to sort out the brightness settings on my home PC monitor as my cards end up looking very dark on a few other monitors and sometimes on my iPad so can never quite tell if I have got them looking ok when I've cropped them etc. I fear I am going to have to do a monitor calibration thing... but definitely need to get it sorted before I order some photos for a project...

~ Natty ~