Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Oh what a shame. I'm fairly new to card making. I started by sending handmade cards to my teamies on UKS and then expanded my list to include my crop friends. This last Christmas, for the first time, I didn't buy a single manufactured card and had some lovely remarks on my handmade efforts. My mum and my sister also got interested, neither being papercrafters, and we spent a lovely day at my sister's house making cards together.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It's such a shame isn't it? I mean my mum will always treasure anything I make her. That's mums for you, she still has those empty glittery shoeboxs I decorated in nursery school and presented as "boxs of love" and she'd fight tooth and nail if anyone ever tried to get rid of them, on proud display in the living room, along with practically everything else I made her, except my applique from junior school which was a fruit bowl and so displayed in the kitchen So she will always get stuff and willingly done too. I spent two years cross stitching a thank you for my wedding to give to her and never doubted for a moment that she'd appreciate it, so hand made cards she can have!
    My aunty Anne also makes hand made cards and claims to love everything I make. And my aunty Sue and three cousins all make their own cards too. So they're worth the time and effort.

NONE of my inlaws appreciate hand made cards, NONE of my mothers side of the family appreciate. My best friend told me that she actually cuts up the cards she's given and re-uses them herself, which when mixed with the fact that I made her son a beautiful knitted clothes set not only did she never take a photo of him in it, he never wore it and then she tried to give it to charity...knocks her completely off my list. If she can't appreciate the big things and I know she doesn't really appreciate cards, I never even tried to make her one.

I do have two new people to make for though. I met a girl through the volunteer agency we both work at just before Christmas when she was moving home so she got a hand made Christmas and new house card. She was over the moon with them! And one girl I talk to regularly on Ravelry.com actually asked if she could have a card from me, she loves them so much, so she's on my list. But it's such a small list that I can create all the cards if I don't start till December
    Pink Glitter Gals : Red Ribbon House
    My Blog and website

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

My Mum's the same . . . even at my 'ripe old age' of 61, she still shows ALL the stuff I ever make her, to anyone unfortunate enough to visit the house within a month of me giving it to her! Even the "insurance man" It's rather embarrassing . . . but very sweet! Goodness knows what these people think.

View Gallery

we are the same age, Hazel. My mum thinks we are all still 12. Bless her.

All the world's a scrapbook and I know the layout. susibee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I enjoy making cards especially Christmassy ones, so even if the recipient isn't a fan, it doesn't matter. However when I know they are not going to be appreciated, I don't spend hours making them. My FIL is a case in point - he throws them in the bin the day after his birthday so he gets a very quick one.

Last Christmas I was busy doing craft fairs and didn't get the time to make many cards so this challenge is ideal for me because hopefully by November they'll all be done

Also, I have so much stash, I might as well use some of it making cards
    Susi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'm the same Susi.
    I have vowed not to buy any greetings cards this year as I have SOOOO much stash to use up !
    My FIL is exactly the same - he only gets a quick card too
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

My father-in-law was a dear. He would still have had the card up in March!

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

My father-in-law would still have his up that long too . . . but only because he would "forget to throw them away"

View Gallery

Hazel.

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MiniOwner View Post
    Hazel.
    The thing is though . . . it's true! He's a dear though

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Am I right in thinking we have up to and including Feb 24th to upload our cards for January? Although I have made several cards this month, I haven't had time to sit down and make five, IYSWIM

I have learned over my crafting life that some people just don't get it - you learn who they are and they get a shop bought card!

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Hi Wendy. The linky will close 11.59 on Sunday and a new one will open on Monday morning for the next month's instalment.

You can do any number of cards - five was just a suggestion. You can only make one entry to the linky so if you have done a few Christmas cards please put them all in one post.

Looking forward to seeing your cards.

Sue x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You were up early Sue !

Its nearly time for Feb's cards ! I'm loving being so ahead of the game.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Yes and again this morning! Not like me at all.

Me too with the cards. I'm going to be sooo smug when November gets here.

Sue x

View Gallery

Don't forget to link up your January card(s) this wekend everyone - the linky closes tomorrow night.

You don't need a blog - you can link to your UKS gallery.

Sue x