Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

52 Cards Challenge 2013

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

Welcome to the thread for this year's 52 Cards challenge!

Those of you who joined in with the 2012 challenge will be quite familiar with how this works but there is a new addition to the challenge!

What is it?
    A no-stress challenge aimed at getting you to make a card a week in 2013.
    Each week I will post prompts to my blog - these will either be:
    • 3 prompts randomly picked from the prompt jar
    • Photo inspiration from Pinterest, etc. (that you can interpret in any way that you like: colours, layout, design elements, product - it's up to you!)
    • Design elements or themes
    • An existing card design that you can use as a sketch to create your own interpretation
    • A colour challenge

All you need to do is use the prompts as inspiration to create a card and share it here on the thread. Easy as that.

If you can't include all elements of a prompt, don't worry - there are no rules, the aim is simply to get creating!

Where are the prompts?
    All prompts past and present can be found here at my blog.

When are they posted?
    The prompts go live every Monday morning at around 8.30 a.m. Due to work hours I schedule the blog post for challenge prompts so it's available at the same time and same place each week. I am sure some kind soul could list the prompts here on the thread for anyone having difficulties visiting the blog.

What's new for 2013?
    Well, there was a hint that other folks were in the same boat as me in December, when panic set in that we hadn't made enough cards to send to people... I really want to avoid a repeat of that for Christmas 2013! So, as an added push this year those that want to get ahead with their Christmas cards can make an extra card a week by using the prompt to create a Christmas card as well. If that sounds like too much work, no problem! This is meant to be a stress-free challenge. Join in as and how you like, one week you may want to just make a card for the original prompt, another week just a Christmas card, or some weeks you just won't have time to make either!
    There is a separate thread here in the card forum to share your (hopefully) 52 Christmas card crackers! So if you are ultra-productive there is a chance you could make at least 104 cards in 2013!

So all that remains to say is... see you Monday for week one!
    Please feel free to carry on......

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Oooh my word and we've rolled....

I might as well post my card for this week here then:

My friend will definitely have at least one Mother's Day card this weekend! Since she usually sorts out the card, etc. for her DH's mother much hinting regarding DH's duties to fulfil his proxy Mother's day duties on behalf of their baby girl were required until the penny dropped that it is this weekend.... I wonder how well he'll do!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Lovely Mother's Day cards Susie (from the previous thread, which is now closed)

Natty - sweet card
    http://justforoneday11.blogspot.co.uk/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes, I agree Susie, that card is so pretty! So delicate.

Natalie, love your card, I was so glad I'd made mine for my Mum early - no mad panic here

Well......the excitement.......I am uptodate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooohooooo
    (well, if I can keep my blind eye regarding the Xmas ones turned that is!)

So, here we have my last two catch ups, this is the sketch card from week 5

The little flowers I made using coffee filters. The coffee filters I bought and my tonic punches do not get along though and at the end of doing these it very nearly went through a window which is a shame as I love the results. I have to say I have been using things I have neglected more and more this year. This little punch makes beautiful roses.

This is for this week - and, I have to say I keep looking at this little card. I'm not one for cute little coloured stamps but for some reason the Gorjuss ones appeal! I think I like the grungy messy look. My promarker work needs much improvement.

oh, I had a mad woman chuckle moment when tying the double bow. I asked at a demo how the lady had tied hers as mine were never as nice, and she used a bow maker. Now, I had my desk deep with stranded stash, the sofa next to me was too - adding the bow maker was just that one item too many, so I used my forefinger and little finger - hey it worked lol!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Fab cards Lilli - love the flowers made out of the coffee filters...very clever

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Natty, lovely, cheerful looking card for Mother's day and the other one is so cute!

Lilli, beautifully elegant

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the lovely comments ladies.

Nat, that is such a sweet Mother's Day card, so cheerful.

Lilli, both lovely cards, left a message in the gallery but can't believe the coffee filter flowers, just amazing, you must have some patience.

My latest card is for Week 1 and have written all about it in the gallery. Hope I won't get into trouble for mentioning where I saw the card etc... but I had to give credit to Linda as the original design was hers, I tweaked it a bit. The cardstock and die had been used together and I just made various alterations to it to make it into a New Grandparents card. It took me a while to come up with the idea of printing the sentiment on card and cutting with the die etc... and as I said I'd love to hear if anyone can think of another way of doing it. It's okay if you have a certain stamp but if like me you need to say something specific it makes it a bit tricky. Any ideas anyone?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

oh how pretty Susie

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

That is pretty Susie Clever coffee filter flowers Lilli
    Here is mine for the numbers - took my flu-ridden brain ages to come up with something, then I managed to remember that clocks have numbers ...... The stamp is papermania, the paper is from Bo Bunny Timepiece, one of my all-time faves.

Wendy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oooh Wendy I love the colours in your card. I had a laugh when you said you remembered that clocks have numbers. Love the Happy Birthday is that a stamp?

Finally finished my last two Mother's Day cards. Considering my mum and ex-mum-in-law have died you would wonder who I'm making all these cards for!!! Anyway, I'll make them fit one of the prompts if it kills me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    Very funky for a new Mum Nat

I love that gorjuss image Your colouring looks just fine to me

Great card Wendy and an inspired take on the numbers theme

Your card is so pretty Susie. Love the white on white effect.

Here's mine for this week. There is a number on there, even if it's a little one!
    Fiona xx

View Gallery

Here is Week 7 ~ A heart on your card
    Fiona xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Both stunning cards Fiona and I love the colours schemes on both of them. I also love the way you present them with the stamps etc...

View Gallery

Thank you Susie

When I blog my cards, I often get more comments on the books behind, than the actual card
    Fiona xx

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Lovely cards Fiona Susie, I only just saw your question, sorry - yes the sentiment is a stamp, from Hobby Art.

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks