Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes, I love those colours too Lilli and thriftycrafter (sorry don't know people's names yet) love those exciting patterns!

Hazel x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I was only away a couple of days and you've all gone a bit mad.

Nat, love your Easter bunny, it is really cute.

Wendy, your gold card is just stunning.

Virginia, your card is so pretty, I love the background papers you've used and your bunting looks gorgeous.

Paula, I love both your cards but the deep turquoise is very elegant.

Hazel, your pretty pink and white card is so sweet and it could be used for so many occasions it's so versatile.

TC and Lilli I've left messages for you in the gallery, just fabulous cards.

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    It was in a scrapbook Kit Suzie (the bunting) and I'm a bit buntinged out with LO's so this was a welcome use, it's nice on b'day cards, quite celebratory, but this one is vellum, so a bit too see through.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I was wondering what it was made of, I thought it was lovely.

View Gallery

A bit of a catch up, not really keen on either of these, but they use up some scraps, and are still better than some I've seen in shops.

View Gallery

well i like them infact I really like the blue/green one!!!!! Love the papers you have chosen and the flowers on it.

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Yes, I agree! I especially like the green chevron paper!

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Fab cards again ladies! I love the Easter card, I'm sure I have that bunny stamp somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by lilliboy View Post
    Jayne, I've just seen your goal for the year - snap! How are you doing? I've not got off the starting block yet lol. I got a few patterns and a 'how to' book, some hooks and yarn and they all look very cosy in my knitting bag
    I've got as far as subbing to the new Simply Crotchet magazine.....then unsubbing after 3 issues as it wasn't as 'aimed at beginners' as it claimed to be. Then I've watched a few YouTube videos and got a crotchet hook. That's taken three months so I'm hoping to actually get some yarn and have a go at producing a flower in the following three months so watch this space

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Daisychain - if it's any help, years ago I had tried SOOOO many times to learn to crochet that I lost count - and had given up each time. THEN - we were on a cruise, a lady was on deck doing crochet and I told her this. She said "meet me here tomorrow at---- and I'll get you started", Well, nothing to loose I thought. We sat down next day and she simply said "there are only three stitches to learn!" (not quite true but a brilliant incentive) She showed me the stitches, gave me some yarn and a hook and we agreed to meet in a few days time with my 'sample' square. We did and I was chuffed to little mint balls that I 'got it'. My DD never wanted for pretty cardi's, scarves, hats etc. when she was small, and I still have and use the fine cotton crochet table cloths and doillies I made so many years ago. And almost without exception they are made using the three basic stitches.

Moral of the story - when somebody tells you it is easy and shows you how, you have so much more confidence to make a start. You can and will get it I promise you - and then there will be no stopping you.

Good luck

View Gallery

I made my flowers through youtube. Be aware though, that the Americans call the stitches different names, so following a pattern here needs a bit of thought. I first learned granny squares, probably from my Nan when I was a kid, then did none for years. I bought the ladybird book on crochet when I needed it for the edge on a jumper I'd knitted and I still use it when I need to crochet, v clear instructions, as it's for kids, my level!
    My flowers weren't straight to start with but then I just went with the hand crafted look LOL
    Keep trying, you'll get it.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hazel7797 View Post
    Yes, I agree! I especially like the green chevron paper!
    That's the one I like least LOL, it doesn't do to be all the same does it, I'm just glad I've nearly used it all up, not so bad in that small pattern but the larger patterns aren't my thing at all.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Another vote for the green chevron paper, I do love the colours of that card. Seems you are outnumbered TC.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have any of you checked out Nat's card for this week's prompt? Nat, that card is fantastic, I just love it and even managed to leave a comment having sent myself off to some Google place first. I completely missed the comment box at the bottom and clicked on another link.

Anyway, fab card Nat.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanks Susie, your comment was just lovely. I don't get many comments on my blog these days so it's especially nice knowing someone is reading and liking what they see.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

its beautiful - I love your blog Nat, one of a few that makes me want to craft and bake and read - preferably all at the same time

I need to do some serious working out here. My brother wanted me to make him a plaque with folk art on and I ran scared lol!