Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you so much Wendy - I found them (really don't know what I've been playing at looking for them before lol) and ordered and saved to favs for next payday for soooo many others on there I NEED! Now, do I really have to wait for the postman

One happy little crafter now

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Well, this was the most challenging one for me so far!

First, I found that my ink pad was too dry in one spot and had to re-ink and re-stamp - no problem - then, I spent ages carefully colouring the image, only to find that when I stuck it in the aperture it just looked like I had just stamped the front of the card - this was due to my stupidity, in my decision to use the piece I had cut out to make the aperture, instead of a smaller one! Duh!! So, I had to try and prise it out - without ruining it - and 'fussy cut' closer to the edge of the stamp.

Eventually, I looked at the card and thought, 'I've stamped that crooked' . . . but, NO! The stamp has been made slightly wonky! I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same trouble with this particular stamp?

Anyway, for what it's worth, here it is.

Hazel x
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Well worth all that trouble Love the colours

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a beautiful card Hazel.

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    beautiful card, looks a lovely stamp, and lovely colouring from you
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I uuuumed and ahhhhhed as to whether to use this as this weeks or last weeks but decided to go for this weeks and spoil myself using the image again maybe for last weeks.

I had a bit of a download yesterday of digi images and whilst looking came across some chalk art and bought it, but when I looked at it properly i didn't like it so much and decided to have a go myself digitally! not as simple and definately not quick! Anyhow, this was my crafty days payout!

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

I too was looking for digi art yesterday and found a great site with 'contemporary' line art images, very clean and very simple (I spent a fortune! ) They are called Pink Petticoat, and although I say I spent a fortune, it's down to the sheer volume I purchased, they are very reasonably priced and have some lovely papers too. Also, their angel policy is very generous - no credit required - anyway, I digress, I love your chalk board Lilli and I think it turned out well!

Hazel x

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Well, the challenge this week, is something I do an awful lot of (making cards from scraps). I have a drawer at my tiny 'work station' and as you will see from the first picture, I can't bear to throw anything away, so throw it in my 'scraps' drawer instead. Then, periodically, I sift through, pick a few scraps out that go together and then make a card out of them.

This is what I did for Nat's challenge this week. Picture #1 is, as mentioned, my scraps drawer (hard to keep tidy ) picture #2 shows the scraps I chose and pic #3 is the finished card.

Hazel x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by hazel7797 View Post
    I too was looking for digi art yesterday and found a great site with 'contemporary' line art images, very clean and very simple (I spent a fortune! ) They are called Pink Petticoat, and although I say I spent a fortune, it's down to the sheer volume I purchased, they are very reasonably priced and have some lovely papers too. Also, their angel policy is very generous - no credit required - anyway, I digress, I love your chalk board Lilli and I think it turned out well!

Hazel x
    Both lovely cards Lilli and Hazel. Funnily enough most of my cards are made with scraps and it's nice to see someone else who has a large collection of them, scraps that is.

Hazel, I love Pink Petticoat and use Liz's designs over and over again. One of my favourites and most used is Elegance. I have all her designs saved to disc just in case the pc should crash. Mind you, they are quite cheap so wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Hazel, I love Pink Petticoat and use Liz's designs over and over again. One of my favourites and most used is Elegance. I have all her designs saved to disc just in case the pc should crash. Mind you, they are quite cheap so wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to replace.
    Oooh! Susie, I only discovered PP a couple of days ago and am still finding my way around, but I have just been to 'look' at the Elegance set, and can't find it? But . . . . . I will!

Hazel x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If you go into colour collection on the tabs at the top and then down the side they have a list - look for swirls and curls and Elegance is at the bottom. Mind you, I have a few from that range. Come to think of it, I have quite a few from every range.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Lovely seeing all these beautiful cards! So sorry I've not been as active in the thread recently. Last week was very chaotic trying to keep on top of crafting projects and getting my album done in time for the christening at the weekend - which was a lovely event.

I've still not managed to get my cards made for this week - and am off out to see my brother's new house tonight - but I am sure I shall catch up soon.

~ Natty ~

Card Making Addict
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    If you go into colour collection on the tabs at the top and then down the side they have a list - look for swirls and curls and Elegance is at the bottom. Mind you, I have a few from that range. Come to think of it, I have quite a few from every range.
    Thanks Susie (I think ) I went looking again after and didn't find it - but, I did buy a shed load more!! - anyway, I will go and get them now. Hazel x

PS I did see that a load of the ones I bought 2 days ago are now at a knock-down price on sale . . . just my luck (it would have meant I could have bought a load more

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think she is finishing some designs probably to make way for new ones, heaven help us then.