Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Question about digital stamps + the Portrait

Im trying to 'buff up' my knowledge of the portrait before it arrives next week, i wanted to ask a few questions that i seem to get mixed answers to by searching online

Can my Portrait cut around digitial stamps i have previously brought, such as The greeting farm, etc
    if i print out the image and then colour it - could it then go and be cut, or would i need to colour after cutting?

I assume the portrait wont cut around a stamped image? it would need to be an image in the design program and not just something i stamp on the paper? (Eg my magnolia stamps)

I think that was mainly the info i needed

thanks for taking the time to read/reply
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't know what greeting farm is Studio can use several file types such as JPG/PNG/etc but you would need to trace it before you can cut it. There are several tutorials on how to do this in the tutorial section which should help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you just need an outline then all you need to do is import your image into Studio, trace round it and send to cut.

If you want a detailed image you will need to use print and cut. So your procedure would basically be the same, import and trace your image, but you would them need to add registration marks and send to print. Once printed you could either colour before sending it to cut or afterwards.

For stamped images you could try scanning then proceeding as above, or if you want to use the actual stamped image, try a search both on the forum and via Google for the "hinge method": you use a scanned image to precut a template shape then use this as a guide to position your stamped image for cutting.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes, yes, and yes you can.

Import your image.
    Select the tab for trace.
    Click to highlight your image.
    and it automatically traces around the outside or, outside and inside.

Have fun!
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I shall go brush up on these skills now, really glad it can be done
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1