Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

52 Cards Challenge 2013

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

Welcome to the thread for this year's 52 Cards challenge!

Those of you who joined in with the 2012 challenge will be quite familiar with how this works but there is a new addition to the challenge!

What is it?
    A no-stress challenge aimed at getting you to make a card a week in 2013.
    Each week I will post prompts to my blog - these will either be:
    • 3 prompts randomly picked from the prompt jar
    • Photo inspiration from Pinterest, etc. (that you can interpret in any way that you like: colours, layout, design elements, product - it's up to you!)
    • Design elements or themes
    • An existing card design that you can use as a sketch to create your own interpretation
    • A colour challenge

All you need to do is use the prompts as inspiration to create a card and share it here on the thread. Easy as that.

If you can't include all elements of a prompt, don't worry - there are no rules, the aim is simply to get creating!

Where are the prompts?
    All prompts past and present can be found here at my blog.

When are they posted?
    The prompts go live every Monday morning at around 8.30 a.m. Due to work hours I schedule the blog post for challenge prompts so it's available at the same time and same place each week. I am sure some kind soul could list the prompts here on the thread for anyone having difficulties visiting the blog.

What's new for 2013?
    Well, there was a hint that other folks were in the same boat as me in December, when panic set in that we hadn't made enough cards to send to people... I really want to avoid a repeat of that for Christmas 2013! So, as an added push this year those that want to get ahead with their Christmas cards can make an extra card a week by using the prompt to create a Christmas card as well. If that sounds like too much work, no problem! This is meant to be a stress-free challenge. Join in as and how you like, one week you may want to just make a card for the original prompt, another week just a Christmas card, or some weeks you just won't have time to make either!
    There is a separate thread here in the card forum to share your (hopefully) 52 Christmas card crackers! So if you are ultra-productive there is a chance you could make at least 104 cards in 2013!

So all that remains to say is... see you Monday for week one!
    Please feel free to carry on......
    Last edited by Mystik Nat; 25-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    ooh first to post on the new thread

Fizzy, your bird card is fab, love the colours.

Suky, your christmas card is just gorgeous - makes me want to get my christmas stuff out!

Ali, your Feathered friends card is great, the papers you've used are loevly. I hope your computer gets sorted soon it's so frustrating to be without. Have you tried a card adaptor? My computer won't talk to my camera so I got an SD card adaptor and find it easier now than grabbing a cable etc.

Lilli, your cards are fab - I particularly like the 'Owen' one, how do you do the blackboard effect?

Elaine, your Dad card is lovely I hope you drop by again at some point

My card making has come to a full stop while working on LOs for the UKS Challenge, but I'm keeping track of the prompts so that I can jump back in soon
    Last edited by daisychain888; 25-06-2013 at 07:10 AM.

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    That might be the way to go! Thanks Jayne.

Dedicated Scrapper cornish lady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I need to list the prompts also as I would like to start this but will not be able to for a few weeks yet
    Joy xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    1 something new (stash, idea, occasion)
    2 clean and simple
    3 pastels
    4 paper pack
    5 sketch
    6 neglected item
    7 heart
    8 colour (teal, salmon, rose)
    9 roses
    10 number
    11 sketch
    12 mini card
    13 inspired by (folk art)
    14 hexagon
    15 words
    16 negative die cutting
    17 scraps
    18 buttons/pale pink/tags
    19 Texture
    20 literature/film reference
    21 sketch
    22 birds
    23 manly
    24 youth card
    25 stickers

Cornish Lady - not sure if that helps or hinders - I keep it in excel to help me keep track! the sketch ones won't be much assistance I'm afraid

View Gallery

Thank you Jayne - I bought some digi blackboards but when I came to use them I didn't like them so I opened my trusty craft artist and set to making my own. I now have a blackboard saved ready to 'chalk' greetings on. It's my 'reach to' item at the moment! Love playing with fonts, stencils etc!

The little boy it was for, bless, was happily showing it round telling everyone how 'she made it all, all by herself you know'! lol

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Well done Lilli - I keep it in Excel too so I can easily get an overview of what we've done so far and what cards I've made or neglected to make so I can easily catch up.

The week 5 sketch was this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/198088083579972768/

And the week 11 sketch was based on the card I made here: http://koolkittymusings.typepad.com/...3-week-11.html

Finally the week 21 sketch is shown here: http://koolkittymusings.typepad.com/...3-week-21.html

And last but not least, this week's colour prompt is based on this pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/190136415490557340/

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper cornish lady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Lilli and Natty, I will put them in an Excel file too, a great idea Between the two of you you've got me sorted lol
    Joy xx

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

OK - this me catching up - a bit !

Week 1 - something new - birthday card used 2 new dies - the flower and the border. Christmas card used new Holly border punch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Week 26 - colours.

Birthday card - green and aqua. Inked an embossing folding using Big and Juicy Waterfall.

Christmas card - pinks and greys - Kanban kit.

View Gallery

Week 2 - clean and simple.

Birthday card - inked embossing folder using Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset, mounted onto white card and added a Marianne Butterfly in silver.

Christmas card - cut a bauble on Robot from silver hologram card, mounted it on red glittered mulberry paper, then onto black card.

View Gallery

Week 23 - Manly Card.

Birthday card - Backing is rusty metal from Rob Addams 'Mechanicals' CD. Lattice is a Spellbinders die, cogs are Xcut dies.

Christmas card - backing is stainless steel with rivets from Rob Addams CD, tree branch is a Marianne die cut in green then run through a ribbler to give texture. Cogs are Xcut dies.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Well done! What a great catchup. What's your name please - so we can address you by it? The masculine birthday card is my fave - love the mechanicals!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Alibri View Post
    Well done! What a great catchup. What's your name please - so we can address you by it? The masculine birthday card is my fave - love the mechanicals!
    Thanks - and I'm known as Cat. LOL. Still have a long way to go !

View Gallery

Next batch - week 3 - colours.

Birthday card - I chose the pink and aqua combination, used Hunkydory card and a left over topper, with a spellbinder flourish.

Christmas card - I chose the lovely mellow beige and red combination. Although it looks white the card is actually pale beige with tiny christmas tree on it, the topper is from an old Kanban kit and mounted on red mirri, used a Nellie Snellen die.