Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Week 20 - Literature.

Engagement card - for a friend who loves Jane Austen so the text is the opening page of Pride and Prejudice, with a topper made from a Debbi Moore image cut with a Nellie Snellen die and mounted on gold mirri.

Christmas card - Text is from Wind in the Willows - where Mole takes Ratty to his old house on Christmas eve. The topper is harvested from a last years Christmas card mounted on silver mirri. Both dies used were from the Creata range and the sentiments on both cards are from Robert Addams new range.

I did check Copyright Law before using the texts and small amounts are allowed.

View Gallery

Ooops - guess who clicked the submit button before uploading the pictures !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Wow, this thread really has been busy with all the new cards going up! So nice to see so many new projects being shared.

I'm just popping in with my card for this week:

~ Natty ~

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Well done on such a great catch up Cat! I really like the man card, I love the metal effect

Nat, love the colour prompt this week and your cards are gorgeous, as always

I'm so glad I'm in the company of those who use Excel for crafting! I get teased at work because I have an Excel file for all the cards I have to make through the year....I think the fact that I also impose deadlines to make them by as well is what winds them all up lol! I can't believe that I haven't thought of listing all the prompts in the same file (I'll be putting that right soon )

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Wow, we have all been busy Some great cards and thank you for that list Lilli
    Here is my sticker card - I found an old pack of these flower stickers bought from the Works years ago, why I don't now recall I matted one onto a gold scalloped square and finished with a peel-off STICKER frame and sentiment It did look a bit bare, so I added the ribbon.

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

LOL! I use Excel as well - a lot - for all manner of things.

Still playing catch-up here are the latest batch:-

Week 22 - Feathered friends.

Birthday card - Dreamweaver Peacock stencil on silk card. Coloured with Big and Juicy 'Waterfall' ink and Distress Inks 'Chipped Sapphire' and 'Pine Needles'. Matted onto gold mirri and the sentiment cut from the mat using Rob Addams dies.

Christmas card - Background = an old piece of Kanban landscape card. Topper harvested from last years Christmas card. Mounted on silver mirri using Creata dies - sentiment Rob Addams dies.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    If anyone would like my Excel file which includes links to the prompts and some of the photo inspiration used send me a PM with your e-mail addy. I'm happy to share and you can easily colour-code any prompts you still need to do (not that I had to do that before being all caught up or anything... ),

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper cornish lady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Me please :-) have PM'd you :-) saves all that copying over
    Joy xx

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    Wow, we have all been busy Some great cards and thank you for that list Lilli
    Here is my sticker card - I found an old pack of these flower stickers bought from the Works years ago, why I don't now recall I matted one onto a gold scalloped square and finished with a peel-off STICKER frame and sentiment It did look a bit bare, so I added the ribbon.

Wendy
    That is beautiful - very elegant.

View Gallery

All very beautiful cards,
    They really are good

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well, I haven't kept up with the cards this time but have kept an eye on what you're all up to. As usual the standard and variety of the cards is sensational. I'm amazed at those of you who have caught up or are attempting to - how do you do it!!!

In my defence, I've been sorting out dad's house and his affairs and helping sister with her house move which will happen shortly. Also got my iMac and have been learning how to use that so having so much fun with that, I just love it! On top of that we have been gardening and now decorating so the house is wrecked but at least I can sneak off to my craft room for some R&R.

I've left messages for some in the gallery but for those who don't post there, your cards are all just stunning.

I've just posted the list of prompts to Notes so if I do find time to do some actual crafting I'll know where to look. Great idea of keeping it on the computer.

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Here is my colour prompt card - I decided to pick a colour from the box and use different shades of it, so this is the brown birthday card!

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Gorgeous card Wendy, I just love that frame.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have loved looking at everyone's inspiration and it has inspired me to have a go as my stocks of cards are low.
    So I have been busy making cards today.

Can only upload 2 so far as I am up to my limt
    Will post the others in the next few days and thank you for inspiring me to make some cards for my stock pile

I am not a very good card maker - they are very simple

Week 4 Paper from a pad challenge

Week 22
    Feathered friends challenge

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    They're pretty Karen! Lovely to see you here. Like with anything, I think it's the doing that makes you better in the long run ... practise practise practise! And cards are fun to make, I think! Small little happy projects ... sometimes, anyhoo!

Having said all that, I'd had such a busy day yesterday, and had to post the last of the batch of two year old cards today - and I hadn't made it! I made a very easy, simple card last night - I really didn't like it - I was so tired, I was in zombie mode!