Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Daily Doings

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I do like those cards
    Baking for me today, with maybe a bit of card making thrown in - I am back to work tomorrow and I need to take in cakes. Since I have been 'bigging up' the fact that it is my 50th birthday for months now, I have got to come up with an impressive amount

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

East Kilbride, Scotland but my second home is in Beadnell, Northumberland
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)

rolling

Morning all. I had a lovely day at our crop yesterday.

Today once ai get the washing on and hung out Im off to investigate the arange which.ooened near me this week. First one i. Scotland and I hear they have a fab art and craft department

Joint Red Ribbon House Leader

My Blog

Stamped heads/postage people ATC swap

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Morning all, got back from holiday yesterday, as usual hundreds of photos! Managed to upload and sort from one camera, might try the other later if I can remove DS from the computer... he's been suffering withdrawal symptoms poor love, 2 weeks no computer. Once I've done that I can print some and get scrapping ( in between the mountains of washing that is!)

Have a good day all.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Been to a local craft fair this morning, got the lovely cut n paste papers and also got the hello again collection by carta bella
    Debbie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi Suzycad, just thought i'd let you know that I have just come back from
    Northumberland, and yesterday went to Beadnell where there was a kite
    flying competition going on. It was a lovely sunny day, but windy!!

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Those cards are fab MA! Love the clean and fresh look to them.

I have finally tidied up my desk and can see it again after spending the best part of the weekend working on my creative to-do list. I even did a bit of OCD stash organizing and updated my seriously invaluable cardmaking cardstock swatch with some missing PTI colours and Bazzill Cardshoppe shades. I think I am now covered for all shades of "cream".

But at least I've been able to post some evidence of the crafty weekend pursuits to my blog, best now get on and get the prompt for tomorrow's 52 Cards challenge prepped and ready to go.

~ Natty ~

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I never did get to making any cards But I have made a fruit cake, banana muffins, choc chip muffins, mini flan cases (to be filled tomorrow morning with cream cheese icing and a strawberry), ginger cake with cream cheese icing, lemon cake, lemon bars, triple choc chip cookies, shortbread .... and I attempted brownies, which have fallen to pieces I still haven't made the cheese straws, but I think I will mix up the dough and roll out and bake tomorrow morning. Right now, I am going to pour out a nice glass of red wine

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

No wonder you didn't get round to making any cards Wendy - your baking sounds amazing!

Anybody getting creative this weekend? It's really rainy here - no good for the beach or barbecues, so I might do bit of crafting instead.

We've just been to look at the house we want to buy, and I am mentally planning out my new craft room!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I have been endlessly absorbed in my Gelli plate. Like making printables it comes and goes in waves I am really hoping to get to BOTH my crops this month, as I've missed them for about 3 months and that is my dedicated scrapping time, away from the chaos at home.

But this is such an odd little thing I was redecorating Maddie's room. I made the mistake of giving her free rein and she picked a sideways stripe in BROWN for the little border - the walls are a beige-y, creamy colour but she's always had pink or purple or something girly and bright. I put it up and HATED it - old house, stripes horizontal, it just showed up every dip and curve in the walls, level or not. I had the idea to use my Nestie circles and other circle cutters to cut some of the leftover length (and I scored a couple of sample lengths of one or two other borders that toned well) and stager them 1/2 on 1/23 off the border. It really made the whole thing less little old lady and more funky looking. I would totally do it again in much brighter colours

BUT that led me to my actual crafty thing, which was to gesso then paint (white) some leftover circles and pull Gelli prints on them. A bit of stamping and I have a trio of arty-farty stick on wall accents. I could cover my whole craft room in them (unlikely!) or just do a border of dots all around the top of the room (well the bits that aren't covered in shelves and other tall stuff! )

What do you think?

View Gallery

Can anyone join in?

WOW MaryAnne, those are amazing!

I'm brand new to everything crafty, so am clueless about all things Gelli, but I do know that they look great! You've also helped me to see that wall art is not just about bunting! Not that I have anything against bunting ( I love it), but thinking about our twins moving rooms in a few months and how to keep the room neutral but still personalise their end of the room for them - one boy, one girl - I'd felt a bit stumped. This may well be a possibility!

So my daily doing is... I have finally stopped thinking/talking about scrapbooking and done my first ever LO! I may a really obvious error, and didn't line things up properly (if you look closely it's all a bit wonky!!) and I think I need to find a proper way of cutting photo's other than using my husband's chef scissors (does everyone use a guilotine, or do you just have steadier hands than me?) but even so, I'm really pleased with the end result and am very excited about doing more now.

Bye for now, Katie
    "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    welcome to scrapbooking, Katie. there are no rights or wrongs, as I'm sure many people will say. I use a trimmer, but it's stopped cutting straight so I'm on the lookout for a new one. I couldn't cut straight with scissors if my life depended on it.

to get round that, you could just make everything deliberately wonky...

I went to hobbycraft yesterday and came away with an Amy tangerine collection, some christmas papers (I used up almost all my christmas papers in my Xmas Journal last year) and some smashbook bits. Off to play with those today.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Getting started is so exciting! But one word of advice is don't rush out and buy every thing in a week. I did that when I started, I was just uncontrollably excited to get on with it. I bought cheap albums, then found better ones and had to get all new ones. I bought weird paper cause I liked it, but found it hard to use. Tools in particular are hard - everyone has a favourite and they will all defend that one passionately while others will say it stinks!

I do think a trimmer is pretty critical. There are loads of posts about WHICH TRIMMER? on here and I can't see there is a clear winner. One thing is if you have a local crop you can go to, go, and ask every person there if you can try their trimmer Bring lots of scrap paper to cut. Really getting a hands on test will probably help you decide.

Scissors, for me, is hands down the Fiskars Micro Tip ones. The best scissors I have ever owed and I've had them maybe 10 years, they still cut perfectly.

For your kids room I am imagining something like this - the trick would be to find a border that worked with both colours Although to be fair you could paint a border rather than using a wallpaper one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Loving your Gelli plate dots MaryAnne. Fab.

I've not been doing anything crafty the last few days but I thought I'd bump the thread because I like hearing what everyone else is up to!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards