Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Doings

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    I have finally finished sewing all my patchwork squares together, and now need to find something I can back it with. It's going to be a hanging, rather than a quilt.
    But at the moment I am trying to keep an eye on both front and back doors simultaneously, as the parcel which the courier tried to deliver yesterday (whilst I was in ) is being re-delivered today and I don't know which door he will come to

Wendy
    I'll have to check but I THINK there is a free class on Craftsy for Quilt Backs. I want to say it is MODERN quilts in style but I just can't recall. I'll look in a bit and get back to you.

Also do what I do I have a HUGE sign on the "front door" (which we don't really use) that says ALL DELIVERIES TO THE SIDE DOOR with an arrow. They always walk around.

View Gallery

View Gallery

I managed t finish my mini book, using a quote from Jack Kerouac On the Road

East Kilbride, Scotland but my second home is in Beadnell, Northumberland
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Absolutely love that mini book MA

Joint Red Ribbon House Leader

My Blog

Stamped heads/postage people ATC swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzycad View Post
    Absolutely love that mini book MA
    Me too!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
    I bought a king size cotton duvet cover for £19.50, which was originally £85 It was an end of line and they didn't have any matching pillow cases left, hence the price.
    Once I have unpicked the seams I'll have around 4 metres of fabric that is 220cm wide, enough to back two quilts. I dread to think what the equivalent in quilting fabric would have cost me!
    Great idea!

Rather than starting a new Daily Doings thread every day why don't we just continue with this thread? Just a thought. Should we move to Community Chat, Mary Anne?

Sue x

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Afternoon everyone. Nice and sunny here in the Midlands, in between washing I got my OSNSSU layout done to finish off my We Challenge You set of pages, phew!!
    Hope to get the weekly challenge finished tonight while the kitchen table is covered in stash!
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I put a few finishing touches to the embellishments on a double page (still got to do the title and journalling yet!) and then moved stash from one pile to another, weeding out only a few bits and pieces as I did so. Why do I spend more time sorting and organising stash than I do actually using it?

Louise x

View Gallery

No, let's keep it here, but I am happy to just keep adding to the thread.

View Gallery

Just two projects left to do for my We Challenge You entries. Glad I started early!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I picked a tin up for my DD so she can put her pregnancy keepsakes in. it was a mans gift from the charity shop. not any more as I have used tim holtz inks and a print out from the PC to change it. I hope she likes it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    that is fab tracey, I must admit alcohol inks are ones of those things I have bought but not really used much yet.....
    I finished my patchwork hanging, apart from the actual hanging loops on the back. It meant a trip out to Eastbourne to get some more trim, as the length I had was two inches too short Still, I also bought some picture frames, so it wasn't quite a 38 mile round trip for one thing......
    I have been cross stitching all evening, trying to get a project completed which has been on the go for at least the last two years - hasn't helped that I only take it to crops once a month, so I am determined to crack on with it now

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

You sound very busy, Wendy. Hope we'll see a photo of the finished wall hanging.

I really must put away my sewing machine today and make some space for scrapping!

A mad little chocoholic bear poohbear's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    My daughter and I send each other decorated cards and i spent last night trying to draw on one for the first time. Today will be spent finishing that and maybe starting on my holiday photos, which I plan to do PL style.

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    I've got one of my monthly crops tomorrow so when I get home I'll be sorting out what to take with me - y'know, several projects that won't even get looked at whilst I'm there because I'll find something else to do instead lol...

Why do we do it? I mean taking 3/4 of our crafting stash with us to crops in the vain hope that we'll actually "do something" with it this time?

I swear this time I will try to take just ONE or TWO things to do - I'm having enough trouble getting myself up and down my stairs in my flat at the moment - so the concept of carrying my usual heavy rolling tote, a tool tote and a large and over-loaded Waitrose bag whilst negotiating the stairs one at a time is not something I'm looking forward to...
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!