Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: New Printer??

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)

New Printer??

I have a HP officejet printer,I suspect that my printerheads need replacing.....do I spend a £100 quid on new ones or put the money to a new printer?
    I would welcome and appreciate any comments or suggestions please?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    My trusty old HP deskjet bit the dust last week. I have replaced it with a wireless HP deskjet 3050 and it is great. On offer at Tesco for £35.
    Sue x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    My old HP died, and I replaced it with a Canon Pixma (sorry, will find the number later, I'm typing this in bed at the moment). I chose that because the old HP wouldn't handle card. This Canon does. I keep the card on the top, and the paper in the tray underneath, and can flip between the two. Printer was under £100 and there are loads of sets of ink on ebay too. I'm a happy bunny

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Lacelady, what weight card does it take? Is it just a printer or scanner as well?
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Sadly, you can buy a new printer now almost as cheaply as the printer cartridges, much less printer heads! There are a lot of good printers out there for around £50.

When you look for a new one, consider that no one needs faxes any more, but do get one that scans and copies. I would definitely get a new printer rather than printer HEADS. A new printer will have new software and drivers plus some form of warranty (not usually spectacular, however, no matter how much you spend).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Thanks SO much ladies yes I do think I shall go down the road of a new printer,as you've all said weighing up the cost, it is a bit of a no brainer really Have just found a really good write up on an Epson,so may take a lookie at that?
    Yes and as you mentioned JaneH nobody really uses a fax now,so that's something i'm not having to bother about

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

HP Deskjet 1050 at Asda for £29.99, ink costs £10 black and £13ish colour but there are many internet ink shops where you can buy a pack of one of each for about £15. Mine has a rear paper feed and takes 300 gsm card

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Our Canon Pixma will take card of 350gsm. That is much heavier than most card that is around.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    Lacelady, what weight card does it take? Is it just a printer or scanner as well?
    So far, I've only tried 250gsm, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took more, see Stitching Lady's comments. The card feeds through from the back, almost standing upright. Yes, it scans, so acts like a photocopier too. Mine was wifi but I did have a little problem getting that set up, so I bought a nice long lead from ebay and that set up suits me better. I'm not good with techie stuff so the lead bypassed the problem, though I doubt if it was the printer, it was more likely me not getting it right.