Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)

Fiskars AdvantEdge System

So, having watched a demo of this cutting system over the wekend it is now on my - I want one - list.
    Anyone got one - is it worth the expense ? Would you get your money's worth from the cartridges - they being £25.0 each approxs.

cheers

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Poor you - no one must have it yet I did have a look at stuff on the net, as you do, but for me, the carts are just not my sort of thing, cupcakes and butterflies, etc. Certainly not at £25! If there were more pretty lacy edges, or plainer decorative patterns, I might be tempted, but only in a moment of weakness! I think you would have to do a LOT of crafting to make them worthwhile. Maybe even sell your work. Looking at the whole package, the base unit is like £50 (?) so ONE cart and the base unit is already a huge investment.

As a side note, lots of my older punches stick or don't cut cleanly. I just think that punch technology is outdated. Did I read SOMEPLACE that some punch manufacturer offers a "lifetime" guarantee on punches? Could it have been Woodware, maybe? For a £25 punch, if it broke or stopped punching cleanly I would be pretty annoyed.

Do let us know if YOU get one. It's been proved recently, hasn't it?, that seeing a demo and the regular crafter actually USING the product, often produces different results. I agree, with a pricey bit of kit, you want anecdotal evidence it works, and well, and maybe even to see samples of finished products to help you envision how you will use it and get your money's worth

It's the same with technology - cutting edge is great, but bleeding edge? not so much. And hitting the perfect point of purchase, where the early adopters have confirmed it's a good product, and the kinks worked out, and the visionaries have discovered all sorts of great unexpected uses or nifty techniques, is hard.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Personally I wouldn't want to pay £25 for each one. Just basing that on how many border punches I have purchased over the years that cost anywhere from £10 up to £18; the £10 ones being old-style Fiskars that ultimately went in the bin!
    I have several Martha Stewart punches that have all worked perfectly but I can't say that I use them all that often these days. I think I'd get bored of the pattern before the £25 earned itself

View Gallery

thanks both. having given it some thought I too have reached the " its too much for what it does " conclussion - very unusual for me as I mostly just buy tools and then sell on if not my style. Can't see me wanting so many borders in the one stlye - and at £25.0 for a new cart - would spend £100.0 just to get 3 different ones.
    Will wait to see when they appear on the bay.
    cheers

Procrastinating Scrapper... Weaselwise's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (46)
    Just watched their demo video - certainly a very nice idea, and you can use the smaller border punches that Fiskars make with an adaptor (which does come with the starter kit), and they start at the £9.99 mark... but even so its still a large chunk of investment for something that may not get used much.

And this comes from the girlie who "fell in lust" with the Tonic Studios border punch system at Ally Pally a few years back, bought it and 5 border punches for it as it was the seasons "must have" tool... have I used it?

Have I heck...

Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary etc...
    ...Weasel AKA Suzie...
    Wise Weasel Witterings ... Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Weaselwise View Post
    And this comes from the girlie who "fell in lust" with the Tonic Studios border punch system at Ally Pally a few years back, bought it and 5 border punches for it as it was the seasons "must have" tool... have I used it?

Have I heck...
    good thinking - I've got that somewhere as well !! LOL !

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have one and love it - BUT!!! it is pricey. However, I have sold a few through the shop and also I have two groups each of four who have bought one between them (one each group obviously ) and share the costs out. Without wanting to tempt fate, we haven't had any returns yet and have been selling them for a few months now