Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)

Has anyone noticed,,,,?

I'm not the biggest fan of that craft channel but I do like some of the demos. But for some reason it seems to be disappearing, piece by piece, on Freeview. I'm sure it used to be on until either 8pm or 10pm, then I noticed for the past few weeks it closed at 6pm. Yesterday it was 5pm!!! Yet if you look at the website, they show a schedule until midnight!!! So who can watch it? Is it disappearing onto pay TV (i.e. Sky, etc.)? Or is it a regional thing?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    It was available during the evening on Freeview on a trial basis, which came to an end the other week. I hardly watch now, as I don't often have the time during the day, and I quite liked watching it in peace in the kitchen when making tea and tidying up. Hopefully it will be back for longer hours again in the future. It is especially annoying as streaming through the app isn't very successful (no sound problems and keeps freezing), and the programs available for watching again are very limited. To add insult to injury, companies seem to be tripping over themselves to be on C&C now, with some fab Heidi Swapp shows for example, and Craftwork Cards being the most recent company to jump channel from QVC.

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

I'd noticed that too Jane, up here in the north east, so not regional. Disappointed to read Annette's post, I guess it's day time only from now on.
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I have freeview and the guide shows the channel as being closed but I actually pressed on it the other day and something was playing - might have been one of their repeats though but always worth a try

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I pay for sky which I watch in my sitting room, but in my bedroom I only have freeview (using an old sky box). I can watch C&C on both!

I think QVC should have allowed more time for demos, rather than the hurried moments which happen now. I gave up watching their craft shows in frustration.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Annette25 View Post
    It was available during the evening on Freeview on a trial basis, which came to an end the other week. ...
    So does this mean they're available elsewhere then (pay TV) or are they becoming a TV channel only? I would imagine that the bulk of their audience caught them on Freeview, not pay TV. We don't have Sky or any similar services so guess my viewing will be diminishing also. What a silly move on their part IMNSHO.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    So does this mean they're available elsewhere then (pay TV) or are they becoming a TV channel only? I would imagine that the bulk of their audience caught them on Freeview, not pay TV. We don't have Sky or any similar services so guess my viewing will be diminishing also. What a silly move on their part IMNSHO.
    I have Sky, I just checked the tv guide and it's on channel 671 24 hours a day.

View Gallery

Sky and Freesat, I believe, and also on the pc. I think it is just the poor Freeview viewers who are missing out.

View Gallery

I put the question on their Facebook page and their reply was "we are currently working on gaining more permanent hours with Freeview. Apologies for any inconvenience. Regards, C&C", which makes it sound as if it's a Freeview decision, not theirs. Hmmmm.....and there were a few other comments from other viewers asking for a return to longer hours, too.

Oh well, there's always the PC, I suppose.

I have never been able to get it here on Freeview but sometimes when I'm bored I will watch it on my laptop.

Jan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    I really won't miss all the Kanban and peel offs. I rarely turn it on these days.

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hope they sort the hours soon, as I have picked up lots of good quality papers from c&c of late (MME, project life, crate ) peel offs and kanban are not their only fare now.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    I put the question on their Facebook page and their reply was "we are currently working on gaining more permanent hours with Freeview. Apologies for any inconvenience. Regards, C&C", which makes it sound as if it's a Freeview decision, not theirs. Hmmmm.....and there were a few other comments from other viewers asking for a return to longer hours, too.

Oh well, there's always the PC, I suppose.
    I think it is something to do with not owning the airtime or something. My impression is C&C would like to continue on in to evenings, but someone else is using the space they were in, which was C&C's to use for only a temporary period.

You are right Anne, about the channel now...lots of good stuff on now, and time given to the presenters to do some good demos. Teresa Collins, Heidi Swapp, Ranger etc. There are very few big names that haven't appeared in recent months.