Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

If all else fails-Scrap it cheekygirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

explain project life to a scrapper who hasnt scrapped for years

hi I used to be an avid scrapbooker but i havent done many pages in the last 3 years. I really want to get back into it but havent got much time. Ive seen project life mentioned everywhere but dont know anything about it
    Can someone explain
    thanks louise

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Becky Higgins came up with concept of Project Life but this has been used in all sorts of different ways by scrappers. I'm sure ppl will explain how they do it. Personally I use the page protectors & journaling cards to save me time & to present lots of photos that aren't good enough for proper LOs but so I don't just store them on my computer. With 2 young girls I take a lot of photos that I wouldn't want to make into main LOs but I still want to journal about them- especially if they aren't great photos or would be 'not that interesting' to other ppl. It hel[s me stay on top of photos.
    Jo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    In it's simplest form, it is a method of getting photos and journalling in to albums, with no scissors, no glue, no patterned papers. Project Life is a brand name, but the elements are all available from other companies. You start with a D-ring album, buy divided page protectors in styles that take your fancy, and if they include 3x4 slots, you buy cards precut to fit these slots (6x4 also available), slot your photos in to place, slot the cards in to place and you are done. The cards can be for your journalling and/or to provide a decorative element.
    Many people then take these pages further and embellish the cards and the outside of the page protectors in decorative ways.

View Gallery

thank you sounds good glad there are other companies that do it project life is quite expensive

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I'm sure if you ask on the shop til you drop forum- sponsors who stock alternative page protectors will let you know. It's easy enough to cut 12X12 card stock to the corresponding sizes without wastage. One of my teamies does PL but she makes each part a mini LO.
    Jo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

wink

Quote Originally Posted by jld View Post
    I'm sure if you ask on the shop til you drop forum- sponsors who stock alternative page protectors will let you know. It's easy enough to cut 12X12 card stock to the corresponding sizes without wastage. One of my teamies does PL but she makes each part a mini LO.
    Jo what you are supposed to say is 'I know the lovely Jen from wear crafts personally and count her as a friend and if you visit her lovely website you will see all her lovely photo freedom and the snap she is beginning to stock!' That's what you are supposed to say!!!! (only joking!!!!! But we do have alternative page protectors, photo freedom, we r memory keepers and snap - and I am lovely!!!!!) Wait till I see you at Holystone..... Jenxxxx

View Gallery

Jen are you a shop or just online I live in co durham we are near each other

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

wink

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygirl View Post
    Jen are you a shop or just online I live in co durham we are near each other
    Well I didn't notice the Durham on you - and I usually see that straight away and pounce with a 'come to our crop!' Message lol! We are online with no b+m yet. But we do all the local papercraft shows ( check out our website for show dates). We have a weekly crop at Bearpark where we have a weekly stash shop. Folk pick stuff up at the crop too that they have seen online to save on p+p if they are local. We are very very friendly and make everyone welcome. We sometimes have tourist croppers who just pop in while they are away on hollyberries. Did you go to the scrapbook shop at fram and then at the unit? I used to shop there too - we might already know each other! Might see you soon jenx

View Gallery

yes used to go to the scrapbook shop quite a bit Off to your shop to buy some page protectors hopefully if my oh hasn't took my cards to work lol

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

wink

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygirl View Post
    yes used to go to the scrapbook shop quite a bit Off to your shop to buy some page protectors hopefully if my oh hasn't took my cards to work lol
    just got it petal! you need to come along to our crop! it is great and we have a fab time... have you liked us on Facebook yet? I will post first thing tomorrow for you, jenx

View Gallery

thank you I'll go and like you on fb I looked at your crops are they just Fridays? I will try and come to one I'm just getting back into scrapbooking its been ages since I did a lo but Im getting the bug back

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

we do Friday every week and we try to do a saturday once a month but we tend to announce those on a monthly basis as we have shows and so on at weekends so it is tricky to stick to certain saturday every month. We really are a lovely crop. Take the plunge and come along... we are all like friends now and we are very welcoming - no cliques or 'in groups' just good chat and lots of laughs. I really hope you can come along. Might see you soon! And your goodies will be dispatched tomorrow first thing, first class! take care, jenx