Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Andy Pandy

You have been put under pressure to change your initial thread and the threats of legal action you have received whilst exercising your legal rights are disgraceful

Contact Trading Standards and contact the Police with copies of all contacts from the firm and it's owner.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I've been following this from the first thread, as I quite fancied the machine. Wouldn't buy one now, obviously.
    Totally shocked by how it has worked out and the actions of the seller. Even if you and Pippa had the ONLY faulty machines (and I don't think that will be the case) you still deserve good customer service and a speedy resolution.

I do hope it gets sorted out soon, so you can put it behind you, it must be so stressful.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

well, I sat on the fence. I didn't trust it then I saw some positive reviews and the youtube vids and thought I would like one but, after reading this, I will steer well clear. Thanks for the input guys

View Gallery

Well well well! I have been in the same position, Gordon accused me of breaking my Joy Trovail (same machine just different name) when it first came out. I was told they were unbreakable and we all no that isn't true! I had only had it 2 weeks.
    I had to pay the P&P to send it back and never received a refund.
    I will never purchase anything from them again. They do not deserve customers.
    I still have all the emails and I can prove what I am saying!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

How this business keeps going astounds me and it seems that the customer service has always been poor but now it has just gone from bad to worse let's hope Trading Standards can do something Pippa.X

View Gallery

My problem was 3 years ago.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just catching up after my hols and AMAZED to see ANOTHER case like this!!! Surely they could get into SERIOUS trouble with Trading Standards now? Let alone their intimidation methods!
    When I told my friend about all of this (in August - haven't told her about this case yet!)she said she will never go on their stand again as she doesn't want to give them ANY of her money ever again!

Cakefiend
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzydrink View Post
    I've been following this from the first thread, as I quite fancied the machine. Wouldn't buy one now, obviously.
    Totally shocked by how it has worked out and the actions of the seller. Even if you and Pippa had the ONLY faulty machines (and I don't think that will be the case) you still deserve good customer service and a speedy resolution.

I do hope it gets sorted out soon, so you can put it behind you, it must be so stressful.
    Ditto. I think every production run of a complex machine may have one or two faulty ones, but the company should be able to just return those to the manufacturer, and refund or replace customer's purchases.

I've now decided against this machine, or the pink version. The Xcut machine works on a similar principle, with a switch to lower the rollers to increase/decrease pressure. Do you think this might suffer the same problems?

Aunty Wendy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    I have only been back on this forum recently and so this is all new to me. I wonder could someone just let me know the comapany's name so I can see if I've had dealings with them. If I have and alls been well then great but if I've not used them then I'd like to avoid them. Seems such a shame you have had to take it so far. Seems unbelievable how you have been treated,
    HUgs
    H xx
    ~Hazel~

Dedicated Scrapper scrappinsilly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I am disgusted by the way people are being treated, and the makers of the Jus Cutz machine should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue as long as it has, surely they must have had some machines sent back already by unsatisfed customers? I think maybe we should be dealing with other companies who we know have a good track record with customer services etc. Money is tight and we only spend on what we really want, and we should expect it all to work nicely.

On that note have you considered the Grand Calibur Andypandy? I got one not long ago and love it, so easy to use, no effort to put dies through etc, although it does only take thin dies and spellbinders, but it cuts and embosses so well, and you get all the plates you need initially with it. I have bought the raspberry spacer plate too, but never needed to use it yet. I personally like to "feel" how easily the dies/plates are going through the machine to know that they are not being forced in any way beyond their limits.

Good luck with your refund too, hope all works out for you, its a lot of money to have put out. :-)
    Bren

I'm a Pop Dot

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

AndyPandy,

Are you having any luck yet?

I'm not sure quite what the difference is but my friend suggests that you contact the Office of Fair Trading?

Am really hoping that your silence isn't due to threats from ouas

Good luck!

Dedicated Scrapper Twisted Glyph's Avatar
    View Gallery

Wow, its been a while since I have looked on this forum.

I hope you get it all sorted Andy Pandy. I am sure it has been asked but I know that distance selling rules allow you to ask for a refund within 14 days of receiving an item even if there is nothing wrong with it. The company I work for does this (as its the law) on the odd occasion that someone gets an item they were not expecting.

As to getting a solicitor involved, it seems a bit rich.. Although I was talking to a trader at Alli Palli who knows that they (OUAS) are about to be sued for copying Go Kreate's die designs.. so there may be some redress..

Do let us all know if it gets resolved..

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

jus cutz

hi there.
    no not had any threats from the person in question not cashed cheque as certainly not accepting part refund... i want my whole money back... £135 paid for machine... £5 paid for metal plate which was told needed when certain dies didnt work, even tho we were told this unique machine only needed 2 plates... and would cut all dies, yet on box it says will cut most dies!!! .. i had appointment with Trading Standards this afternoon and they are following this up ... ill be back with latest developments when i have... but this person is not stealing money from me... deducting a lot of money for plates saing i have used them and damged them...of course u have to use to try to get machine to work and if damaged then it is the faulty machine that has damaged them in trying to get it to work, and as he says, dont be afraid to use pressure, you can not break the machine!!!
    i went for this machine over the grand caliber as i had heard a lot of people having fault with their grand caliber, but now i think i would of been better going for that at half the price... ill keep you updated as and when .... thank you all for your support....
    Last edited by Andypandy1959; 28-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

and actually i could get refund under the long distance selling also, as both my machines i was sent went faulty within 2 weeks of having them.. and i have proof in conversations to prove it and also photographic evidence... which i would be willing to post on you tube as proof...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

jus cutz a4 die cutting machine

still ongoing... will keep you updated as soon as ihave more news... ...