Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)

Inkjet printer for cardstock

Hi

I am looking to purchase a new inkjet printer and want to ensure it will take cardstock (the thicker the better)

Does anyone have any experience of fairly current models of inkjet printers taking cardstock? I would like to buy new rather than secondhand, but am willing to be persuaded.

I don't mind if it's A4 or A3, although long term I guess A3 would be more useful.

I have always been loyal to Epson and these have worked well for me in the past with cardstock, but I bought one recently that just didn't want to know - can't remember the model because I just gave it away in frustration. So I am happy to consider any manufacturer.

I desperately need to sort this soon as I have two lots of wedding invites to make and 1 lot of save the date cards and I am being chased by fed up brides to be (daughter and daughter-in-law to be)

Thanks for any help.
    Heather

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Just in case anyone else is looking, I have purchased a printer - very cheaply which does the job fantastically. It takes 300gm card with no problem - I don't have to 'hand hold' it through, it is just perfect.

I got a Canon Pixma MP230 (£26.25 from Rymans after student discount).

Initially it played up with card, but following the instructions on this link sorted it.

The link is worth looking at as it gives guidance for setting Epson printers as well.

Hope this helps others

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have Brother inkjet printer no problem for card. I also find ink cartrages not bad priced. on some web sites. xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    From cheap ones few canon pixma I had one of them and 300gsm works perfect. Now i have oki c711 and have to say that im very impressed with printing quality but is recomended for card up to 250gsm