Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Arrow 52 Cards Challenge 2014

Welcome to the thread for this year's 52 Cards challenge!

Those of you who joined in with the 2013 challenge will be quite familiar with how this works!

What is it?
    A no-stress challenge aimed at getting you to make a card a week in 2014.
    Each week I will post prompts to my blog - these will either be:
    • 3 elements randomly picked from the prompt jar
    • Photo inspiration from Pinterest, etc. (that you can interpret in any way that you like: colours, layout, design elements, product - it's up to you!)
    • Design elements or themes
    • A sketch or existing card design that you can use as a blueprint for your own interpretation
    • A colour challenge

All you need to do is use the prompts as inspiration to create a card and share it here on the thread. Easy as that.

If you can't include all elements of a prompt, don't worry - there are no rules, the aim is simply to get creating!

Where are the prompts?
    All prompts past and present can be found here at my blog.

When are they posted?
    The prompts go live every Monday morning at around 8.30 a.m. Due to work hours I schedule the blog post for challenge prompts so it's available at the same time and same place each week. I am sure some kind soul could list the prompts here on the thread for anyone having difficulties visiting the blog.

What about those Christmas Crackers??
    For last year's challenge I introduced a new element to help spread the Christmas cardmaking cheer over the year - I can personally attest to how successful this approach can be, and how stress-free my December was on this front, so stress-free was I that I almost forgot I actually needed to write and send those cards I'd spent all year making!
    So as an added push for those that want to get ahead with their Christmas cards, make an extra card a week using the prompt as inspiration for a Christmas card as well. If that sounds like too much work, no problem! This is meant to be a stress-free challenge. Join in as and how you like, one week you may want to just make a card for the original prompt, another week just a Christmas card, or some weeks you just won't have time to make either! There will be a separate thread in the card forum on UK Scrappers for you to share your (hopefully) 52 Christmas Cracker cards! So if you are ultra-productive there is a chance you could make at least 104 cards in 2014!

And for those who get behind or worry that they've missed too many weeks, nonsense! Just dive right back in at any time, you can make something from a past prompt or pop back in with the current prompt - please don't think you have to give up just because crafting and cardmaking has had to take a back seat in your life.

So all that remains to say is... see you Monday for week one!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    thanks Nat. looking forward to it x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    May have to join in this year.

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    i was thinking about joining in too - altho may not be able to start this week due to craft room being decorated and sorted just a little project for this week before i go back to work!
    Sonia
    Slinky Pink Scrappers

Christmas Stocking Swap 2014

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Will try and join in as many weeks as I can.

Sandra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    Think I will give this a go... sounds wonderful for the Christmas card thing too... Looking forward to it.
    Kim

Christmas Stocking Swap 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Like the sound of this one. Looking forward to giving it a go
    Karen

Chinese Whisper LO Swap

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    It's great to see such enthusiasm. I'm really looking forward to seeing the fabulous cards you make this year.

Here's my first one for the challenge - alas the pic is a bit washed out due to lighting issues, but one down...

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a fabulous card Nat and a great way to start the New Year (well almost New Year).

We still have lots of work to do on the house and my sister's house too but I think if I don't get some crafting done this year I'll probably explode.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I've made one here but I'm not sure it fits the challenge..but in for a penny in for a pound.. I don't usually make cards so I thought I'd start with a simple one.

[IMG][/IMG]

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    Here is my attempt at the week 1 challenge. Thanks for the inspiration to get going with my cardmaking again. Might have a go at a Christmas one too if I have time tonight/tomorrow.
    Karen

Chinese Whisper LO Swap

owner inspired by alice secret-scrapper's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Have just come back to uk scrappers, i don't actually scrapbook anymore, and i am not the best card maker...but i would like to try wherever possible to join in with this challenge

View Gallery

I ended up failing dreadfully with the 2013 challenge and only completing 28 weeks in the end. The fundraising totally took over all my crafting from September onwards. But I am raring to go and ready to start again - plenty of scope for the first challenge as I was lucky enough to get lots of crafting goodies for Christmas
    Karen
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    I've made one here but I'm not sure it fits the challenge..but in for a penny in for a pound.. I don't usually make cards so I thought I'd start with a simple one.

[IMG][/IMG]
    That is clever - I like it!

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by KarenJD View Post
    Here is my attempt at the week 1 challenge. Thanks for the inspiration to get going with my cardmaking again. Might have a go at a Christmas one too if I have time tonight/tomorrow.
    That is so sweet - love the pawmark !