Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just Me!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkshirecrafte View Post
    I agree with you. I think there must be a benefit to having one interface and not say 3 or 4 different machines (cutter, pc, printer, scanner) all talking to each other. However, I am still hovering. If you use code 665834 there may be an extra 10% off - I can't confirm that.
    Most printers including a scanner these days, so one less for me. My scanner in the printer scans either 300 or 600 dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by ed dawson View Post
    I have ordered my new machine, but it won't replace my Cameo - it will be used in conjunction with it. I believe it will help me to prepare what my wife wants for her crafting.

I know the machine is expensive - but we must remember that it is a cutting machine and a scanner - we shouldn't expect to pay the same price we would consider for just an electronic cutter. Much is said about the higher cost of the cutting mats, nothing has been said about the blades which look stronger than razor blades and are significantly cheaper than the blades which I buy currently.

As with everything - each of the machines which I use will have their own strengths and I am hoping that they will compliment each other.

I am tiring of the C&C programs - we should know by now, but the demonstrator has a handful of party-pieces and anecdotes which are aired repeatedly. If you ask a question which falls outside their area of comfort, it is ignored.

Fortunately I have managed to find a copy of the machine manual (published on a Canadian site) and have been able to answer some of the questions for myself. The rest will probably need to wait until I get the machine and can find out myself (the hard way - lol).

Eddie
    Lucky wife Eddie.

When I wanted to watch the programme on our large t.v. with Sky my hubby complained 'oh no not another cutting machine you want.' For me it's an awful lot of money to scan and cut bought decoupage sheets even though they are all at the bottom of my crafty stash as I don't do scissors these days unless I really have to.

Gentleman Crafter John did say on his demos any questions he could not answer he was asking the Brother team, so keep the questions coming in.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm really excited to receive my ScanNCut!! I love my Cameo too for paper crafting but I also bought it for cutting fabric and have found it a bit hit and miss. The fact that you don't have to put fusible on the back of fabrics is a great bonus. It will be so much easier to take around with me and personally I like the little screen, which having watched lots of videos on the Brother US site, is really very simple to navigate. What appeals to me most is the fact that you can scan it your own designs, save them and then cut, all in the same place. Roll on 10th Feb!!
    The US site has lots of info and the videos are very clear, especially about using the screen.
    Jez x

Although the link you gave said page not found the link has been removed as link's to other sites aren't allowed
    Last edited by DJG; 19-01-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am so excited!! Went to the Brother site again. Found the page for SNC/Videos. there is also a link for Canvas. This is the web based software.While I don't really like the idea of web based, do like this additional free feature, which enables importing other files eg SVG. Some projects to tackle to play with while waiting for machine to arrive.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If it will scan, trace & cut accurately from existing decoupage sheets then I think I'd consider it for the speed & simplicity. At first I thought is was just another gimicky cutter, but I'm maybe having second thoughts. My little TV is playing up so I've not actually seen a full demo yet.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Rosemary - one of the things my wife is looking forward to is cutting decoupage sheets on the new machine. In it's function 'Scan to direct cut' it cuts to the outline of the item it scans which sounds as though it will be ideal for decoupage sheets. One cause for thought is that the quality of scan is dependant on the amount of contrast between the scanned object and it's background - images which have subtle edges may not be seen as well as we need.

I've not seen this demonstrated but I know the background luminosity is adjustable so I'll either wait until it is demonstrated on TV or until our machine arrives and I get the chance to try it myself.

Eddie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    It's had been demoed on Create and Craft lots of times this week

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I seen one of the demos. scaned and cut a box. but had to remove the fold lines one by one othwise it would cut these lines. also it said to spray material with starch. than use spay temp glue. it was all confusing. think have to wait for all the comments from all. it depends how much you use it to get your moneys worth.
    I have noticed a lot of the dies are simular to files for the cutting machines. at least with cutting machines you can alter the size for the card you want to make.
    Those who buy the scan and cut give us feed back it will be great to hear what you all think. x
    Dawn

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Not sure what dies you are referring to Dawn but the ScanNCut has full size flexibility using a 12X12 mat or a 12X24 mat. I find all of the references to the cloth fabrics confusing too - it's not my scene but I design and cut masks and stencils and this machine will do that for me (along with most other things) although it will be hard pressed to match the detail of a Cameo cut and no way will it be able to come anywhere near the line art output of Studio.

Eddie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ed dawson View Post
    Hi Rosemary - one of the things my wife is looking forward to is cutting decoupage sheets on the new machine. In it's function 'Scan to direct cut' it cuts to the outline of the item it scans which sounds as though it will be ideal for decoupage sheets. One cause for thought is that the quality of scan is dependant on the amount of contrast between the scanned object and it's background - images which have subtle edges may not be seen as well as we need.

I've not seen this demonstrated but I know the background luminosity is adjustable so I'll either wait until it is demonstrated on TV or until our machine arrives and I get the chance to try it myself.

Eddie
    I don't know if this is any help or not - but it appears as though the jury is still out on that one. John - the C&C demonstrator has a blog : gentlemancrafter, and it seems as though it's not clear yet. Decoupage is not my thing, but it will be interesting to see.
    My opinion of C&C is that if it isn't demoed then it isn't straightforward. All that talk of yes it will cut chipboard - but I haven't seen a single demo - unless I just missed it. Mel seemed to suggest it would take 2 cuts - no surprise - but adjustments to blade will also be needed during the process. Apparently she is to put it on her blog as well - paperdreams I think.
    It is good to have everyone's thoughts isn't it?

View Gallery

Hi my first post [so please be nice] I looked into getting a ScanNcut but I opted for the Cameo instead. As a very new paper crafter just wanted to make cutting out easier.
    I am still awaiting the delivery of my Cameo so I'm looking and reading as much as possible.
    I hope I've made the right decision [time will tell]
    x

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

I wonder what the price will be when Create and Craft don't have exclusivity any more. New things always go down in price after the first rush though don't they.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by buddy-cav View Post
    Hi my first post [so please be nice] I looked into getting a ScanNcut but I opted for the Cameo instead. As a very new paper crafter just wanted to make cutting out easier.
    I am still awaiting the delivery of my Cameo so I'm looking and reading as much as possible.
    I hope I've made the right decision [time will tell]
    x
    Welcome to the forum, don't think you'll regret getting the Cameo, it's a great machine and while you are waiting you could download the software from here and have a little play with it and check out the turorials on the forum too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Welcome to the forum. I agree with Shirley I'm sure you won't regret buying the Cameo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm certain you won't regret buying the Cameo. I am waiting delivery of a ScanNCut but there's no way that it will replace my Cameo - top notch machine.

Eddie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

When I move house and have the craft room sorted going to have a good play with my cameo. want to learn so much but hands are tied at the moment.
    Wellcome buddy-cav. You find all on this site are great help. give loads of information. wish I taken note when first using my cameo.
    enjoy your night all.
    xx