Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is It Just Me!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm just watching Mel use the ScannCut and I like what media it can cut but did I hear right when she said the deep cut blade was £45? Wow so expensive!
    Mel is using a fairly new mat but the scan already picking up the marks and bits on the mat. I'm just wondering how well it's going to scan once the mat is really well used and worn, scratched and marked and full of bits (as all mats end up)? Or do you have to get the scanning mat and transfer to the cutting mat?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by cariad_1 View Post
    I'm just watching Mel use the ScannCut and I like what media it can cut but did I hear right when she said the deep cut blade was £45? Wow so expensive!
    Mel is using a fairly new mat but the scan already picking up the marks and bits on the mat. I'm just wondering how well it's going to scan once the mat is really well used and worn, scratched and marked and full of bits (as all mats end up)? Or do you have to get the scanning mat and transfer to the cutting mat?
    I haven't heard a price for the deep cut blade but from what I've seen yes you do scan with one mat and cut with another.
    EDITED to say
    According to C&C website the deep cut blade housing is £9.99 and the deep cut blade is £7.99
    Last edited by DJG; 26-01-2014 at 04:14 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    C&C sold out of the scan only mat on the shows from CHA. It's supposed to be an extra accessory. Not sure how accurate it would be if you scanned a printed design on the scan only mat and then had to change mats to cut it out. The marks for telling the Scan n Cut where to cut are on the mats.

The more C&C programmes I see the more I think it is very expensive for what it does and has lots of limitations.

I DO wish that Silhoutte/Graphtec would bring out a stronger blade for thicker card and materials.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Mel said that the Deep Cut Blade on her other machine (C*****T) was £45. On the SNC the blade holder is about £9.00 and the blade itself, around £8.00.

Eddie

View Gallery

In my opinion - based on comparisons, printers put out by Brothers seem to consume more ink than some other printers. crikey
    Petrina

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ed dawson View Post
    Mel said that the Deep Cut Blade on her other machine (C*****T) was £45. On the SNC the blade holder is about £9.00 and the blade itself, around £8.00.

Eddie
    I watched some of the show this morning and Mel did say £45 but that must have been a mistake because C&C sell them both and the total for both is less than £20 maybe someone will email in and mention the price on the website

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ahh I obviously mis heard. The "c'""""t " deep cut blade is certainly not £45 because I looked into those for my Pazzles.

I have to say the ScannCut does seem to give a good cut but I'll stick with my Cameo!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The objection I've got is the screen, even with glasses on I wouldn't be able to design on such a small screen!! I use a Silhouette Portrait which I am very happy with!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Having watched a couple of the shows I have a question about copyright. On C&C they say that you are not allowed to save the outline of a scanned image but have to 'direct to cut'. My question is this, does anyone currently use their Robo/cameo to cut out images printed from cd's? If so do you keep the cut lines saved ready to print and cut for each time you wish to use them or do you do the whole import, trace outline, print then cut process each time? If by importing the image into our cutting software package eg silhouette studio are we braking copyright? If so why haven't any of the demonstrators said anything about it. Also there is a demonstrated who said she uses her cameo for cutting out items that she designs using the discs she is promoing. If any one can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.

View Gallery

I would imagine as long as you keep them just to use yourself and don't share the actual file it would be ok.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kals View Post
    Having watched a couple of the shows I have a question about copyright. On C&C they say that you are not allowed to save the outline of a scanned image but have to 'direct to cut'. My question is this, does anyone currently use their Robo/cameo to cut out images printed from cd's? If so do you keep the cut lines saved ready to print and cut for each time you wish to use them or do you do the whole import, trace outline, print then cut process each time? If by importing the image into our cutting software package eg silhouette studio are we braking copyright? If so why haven't any of the demonstrators said anything about it. Also there is a demonstrated who said she uses her cameo for cutting out items that she designs using the discs she is promoing. If any one can shed some light I'd really appreciate it.
    Hi
    All the copyright issues that have been raised by ScanNcut also apply to Cameo/Robo/Portrait. they probably haven't been raised before because they haven't had such good marketing. Instead of the ScanNcut chasing the Cameo, the Cameo will now be chasing it IMO. I don't no what cds you have, so I can't help you there, ask the people you buy them from. Those that I have, I do print and cut, they are copy right free, but not very often and I don't use them commercially. You are asking people to tell you if they break the law, not a clever thing to admit on an open forum. Copyright laws are very complicated, if you have to ask yourself am I breaking this law then you probably are. If I have this wrong I am certain someone will be only too happy to correct me. Just use some common sense and all should be OK.

Lynda
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!" - Mavis Leyrer age 83

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think Serif will be OK on any cutting machine as long as you are inline with the angel policy on the digikit you have used for your design- that's what Charlotte said on the Serif show this morning when Martyn asked her just before the ScanNcut show.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Dear Lynda

In answer to your reply, No, I am not asking if people are using their machines to break copyright. I am asking if I was to use my Robo to cut out images (instead of using a pair of scissors) from a cd that I own, do I have to do the same and rescan the image each time I want to use it? I agree that copyright is very tight which is why I was ASKING the question.

Terribly sorry my enquiry wasn't self explanatory and I am rather upset by your accusation that I was asking people to break the law, which hopefully you will now understand that I wasn't!
    Last edited by kals; 30-01-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I can't see why cutting a design out on a machine is any different to cutting it out with a scissors, as long as you are using it for personal use. I often do this because I find cutting with a scissors difficult sometimes. I don't save the cutting file if its copyrighted though.

I also don;t like the size of the screen, I would find it difficult to view and designs I tried to make n it.
    Last edited by cariad_1; 29-01-2014 at 05:47 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I don't see any difference with printing & cutting with my Cameo and printing & cutting with scissors as long as I abide by the Angel Policy on the CD or DVD. All the CDs/DVDs I own say either unlimited for personel use and selling for charity with a certain number for selling for profit. My Craft Studio says no limit. What you can't do is sell the image/file, only a finished item such as a card.

I too don't understand the policy with Scan n Cut as it's only a tool the same as a pair of scissors.